Sign in to follow this  
SkaForHire

Bring In Your Dead (Challenge IV Prelude, Chapter 8)

Bring In Your Dead (Challenge IV Prelude, Chapter 8)

Previous Prelude chapters:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Bring In Your Dead

(Special thanks to Jorrith here, who put this build together within 24 hours of me asking him to. All pictures in this chapter are his.)

15981799534_29f6b77343_c.jpg364586b by 1, on Flickr

Wuulin felt fear for the first time in a long time. Sure, he had been in the presence of undead before, but none as intimidating as Lord Vladivus, Lord Anfauglir, and Lord Mortis. Perhaps this was the reason his master, the Desert King Ark'Mora Raa, had decided to seek an alliance with them. He also knew his master hated the Black Spire. When he last roamed the earth, Nocturnus was part of Kaliphlin, and the source of the curse that allowed Raa to rise again in this present era.

16416943830_1543b38641_z.jpg364591 by 3, on Flickr

He had brought two domesticated Sand Scorpions for Lord Vladivus, he had heard the lord had a taste for unique and interesting things, and he thought the rarest pet in Kaliphlin might catch the lord’s interest. He continued on with his speech “as you can see, my master wishes only friendship with you and your cause.” He directed his words to Vladivus as instructed, but knew that what he had to say was meant for all three of the rebellion’s leaders. “After Kaliphlin is firmly under the old dynasty again, her troops will be at your call for your final assault on the Black Spire. My master is very interested in a close alliance with a region he feels so akin to.”

Although many Leander had joined the Desert King, Wuulin was one of the few that was still “whole.” Most had been afflicted with the mountain mummy curse, and indeed the mountain mummies made up the majority of Raa’s forces. It was only natural to make an alliance with the capital of the undead. Wuulin glanced up at Lord Mortis and Anfauglir, they seemed to be judging him, or maybe judging his cause.

16577989086_ba20e31648_c.jpg364590 by 2, on Flickr

Vladivus spoke in a calculated, cool tone. “Your offer is… intriguing. However, as far as we have heard, Kaliphlin already has a ruler, what makes you think that he will give up his place for the old Pharaoh?”

“My master assures you that Flagg will be no obstacle.” Wuulin said. “Nobody has seen him in years. He has been a recluse since his sister was taken. The High Council runs Kaliphlin, and they are divided and weak. My master is confident he will be able to secure their loyalty within the month. They look and desire for leadership in this troubled time.”

“And what of the Ulandians?” Vladivus said. “We hear there is another army within Kaliphlin.”

“My master remembers when Ulandus was part of Kaliphlin, he remembers sinking their island after they tried to defy his rule!” he replied. “ It is a shame some of them survived, and their descendants found another island to call home, but the Desert King does not fear the Sea Peoples.” He quickly added, “perhaps they will see the error of their ancestors and pledge loyalty quickly, or maybe we will just sink their new island.”

He thought he heard a chuckle from somewhere in the chamber, maybe the guard?

“You have given us much to think about Ambassador Wuulin. No go, be a guest in Shadowmere, you will have your answer in a fortnight.” And with the Vladivus turned and left, leaving Wuulin staring at a guard.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Lord Vladivus, Anfauglir, and Mortis discussed the new proposition.

16603973945_39f51d6972_z.jpg364587 by 4, on Flickr

“He could be a powerful ally against the Spire” Angauglir said.

“But can we really divide our forces?” Mortis asked.

“Who says we have to send him our best forces?” Vladivus replied. “All of us have followers that may be better off away from the action here, those we least trust, or those that may challenge our leadership.”

“I am still not convinced that a full commitment should be made.” Mortis said.

Angauglir concluded “So we speak more on this tonight, for now there are matters to attend to.”

Nice architecture details in a such small moc. I love the scorpion pets xDD Lovely base design too :thumbup:

Great speed build. I like the detailing. Now I understand about the 3 factions. It's going to be fun!

Very nice build, especially considering the short time it was put together in :classic:

I'm liking the story more and more!

Wow, it's allready posted! Excellent story SkaForHire, and glad i could help out!

Ska sent me a PM last night about building a small vig, and sleeping overnight i thought about the build. But i've misread and thought i'd had to build a nocturnus ambassador visiting the desert king. A desert king probably lives in a tent, right? How am i going to build that? This morning after a few cups of coffee i realised my mistake (fortunatly before the build started!) and only made some figs that went back into the parts bin. This build was easier for me because it's known territory, though i had to be very creative with the usage of black technic bricks to cover my not so great supply of black bricks.

I also love the fact that i could do a Shadowmere build, and incorporate Lord Vladivus and MassEditor's sigfigs in the story. It is a real pleasure to work together with these guys! :thumbup:

I was also very supprised to get this up in about 3-4 hours, (without running out of black bricks!) maybe working with deadlines should be something i should do more often! :grin:

This build is awesome- kudos to Jorrith for the speed he got it out! The story pieces are starting to fall in to place now!

Excellent Shadowmere build Jorrith, especially considering the time frame! The various wall details give this build a really nice look, perfect for Shadowmere!

Love how Nocturnus is tied into the chaos in Kaliphlin, really puts things in a bigger perspective. Though I worry what new troubles these tidings will bring to the Darklands... New allies are sorely needed for the fight against Raavage, but the history of foreign intervention in Nocturnus is not a good one!

Edited by MassEditor

Excellent build Jorrith, I especially like all the details you managed to pack into it! This is a great twist in the Kaliphlin civil war buildup as well! :wink:

Great build! Nice touch with the scorpions on a chain! And the spire decorations on the wall look really at home in Shadowmere!

Great architecture and interior design. I like the floor in particular.

I really dig how the prelude builds are slowly but surely involving all the other guilds.