Sign in to follow this  
Etzel

Four scenes from Nocturnus

I wanted to build some small scenes (16x16) for my minifigs from the Collectible Series challenge (my entry). I started with the Nocturnus ones:

16503482851_38372be5fb_z.jpg

Imp soldier, guarding the entrance to the realm of the imps.

16319305497_6aab7b6b75.jpg

15882659414_1be3eb9760_c.jpg

Berserk attacking a croc outpost in the Nocturnian swamps.

16503484261_a0b1d22dd8.jpg

16319305927_a1d3e4e786.jpg

16503484661_feb1a3085b.jpg

16317762040_d5000ce414.jpg

The Dark Wizard in his remote castle.

16505216865_25bb87e0b0.jpg

16317762460_66afb8e583_c.jpg

The Bat Trainer's manor.

16317490858_cc77d591b5_c.jpg

16319308287_c8e630708f.jpg

16505219845_eceb6e6a2f.jpg

It was fun to mess around a bit in another realm of Historica, Nocturnus has so many possibilities of cool stories and landscapes to explore. I hope to continue with these scenes for the minifigs in my series, but it all depends on how much time I manage to find.

/Etzel :classic:

"Small scenes"? :tongue:

While it's just 16x16 you have packed in a lot of awesomeness (and height) into them. I think the Manor is my favourite, but really, they are all awesomesauce! :thumbup:

I hope you will find time to do the rest, as this is a great idea - and that others will follow suit. I might even do so myself, although you have set a very high standard that makes it hard to follow!

Brick on!

EDIT: Where did you get the lowest windows in the manor from?

Edited by Bregir

Thanks guys, I do like the manor and the outpost best myself too. The others are a bit more bland and I didn't put as much work into those.

EDIT: Where did you get the lowest windows in the manor from?

It's stickers on glass panes from 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow. Sticker sheet on Bricklink

Very nice series of builds, Etzel, my favorite is the croc outpost - excellent job with the tree and all the rickety wood-work! :thumbup:

Such lovely environments for your CMFs :wub: The small doorway and gold accents in the imp scene look great.

The use of height in the berserk build, is incredible, such a lovely treehouse and swamp :thumbup:

Very cool castle for the dark wizard, quite a clever roof there.

Beautiful colorscheme and detailing with the bat trainer's manor, not to mention the very detailed interior.

Hope you make some more CMF environments :classic:

Wonderful idea and builds! I think each of these builds are so nice they deserve their own topic! This is an awesome tour of Nocturnus landscapes and architecture. I think the manor is my personal fav, the texturing is quite elegant and the roof is well done. Great tree design too!

Hope we get to see some more builds from you!

Fantastic ! Great work!

Good to see the imp again, but the The Bat Trainer's manor is the highlight!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Love these!

I tend to feel cramped by a 16x16 plate -- you've showed just what variety and marvelousness can be achieved in a small space. My favorite, I think, is the croc tree, for its scale. The Bat trainer's manor is a close second, though -- that interior is killer!

Wow! These were not exactly what I was expecting when you said small scenes! These are fantastic builds! I particularly like te bat trainers mansion, there is so much detail in the interior!

I was also thinking about building some scenes for some of my CMFs but It has been going slowly and I only have one close to finished

Edited by LordDan