Sign in to follow this  
Regenerate builder

MEC Category A: Minas Morgul The Witch King's Lair

Hello everyone! This is my entry for category A "The Missing Set". Because of the size and piece count I suppose this would be more of a USC type set. The set is modular and furnished inside and very playable. I built the side walls with hinges so they can be displayed at various angles and I attemted to show that in the pictures. I used the sand green bricks to attain that luminous, eerie, green glow like in the films. This was difficult to do because of my shortage of sand green and making sure it did not look like a pattern or moss. Anyway, I enjoyed building this. Thanks for viewing!

"A long-tilted valley, a deep gulf of shadow, ran back far into the mountains. Upon the further side, some way within the valley's arms, high on a rocky seat...stood the walls and towers of Minas Morgul. All was dark about it, earth and sky, but it was lit with light. Not the imprisoned moonlight welling through the marble walls of Minas Ithil long ago, Tower of the Moon, fair and radiant in the hollow of the hills. Paler indeed than the moon ailing in some slow eclipse was the light of it now, wavering and blowing like a noisome exhalation of decay, a corpse-light, a light that illuminated nothing."

Set name: Minas Morgul: The Witch King's Lair

Parts: 1975

Minifigures: 10 + 3 beasts

Price: $200

p1020913eb15.jpg

p1020918eb15.jpg

p1020883eb15.jpg

p1020922eb15.jpg

p1020930eb15.jpg

p1020893eb15.jpg

Thanks for viewing! More photos can be viewed at Brickshelf

Edited by Regenerate builder

Well done it is certainly a scary looking structure!

Thanks! I was trying to make it as menacing as possible without looking cheesy.

Vitreolum, I have not seen a Minas Morgul MOC either so I thought it would be fun to try. It is difficult to get the proportions in the film especially with the piece limit.

Nice moc! :thumbup:

Vitreolum, I have not seen a Minas Morgul MOC either so I thought it would be fun to try. It is difficult to get the proportions in the film especially with the piece limit.

Well it's the 2nd one I've seen - ShaydDeGrai has built an amazing one too.

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=81768

I added your MOC to my LOTR index. Which all of you should pay visit to regularly, since I keep it updated. This last week or so, thanks to the contest I must have added 20 mocs or more.

You don't need to bookmark it, the eurobrick mods added it to "history guides and indices" topic.

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=83122

Edited by SheepEater

Looks nice! If buying this as a set i would probably like to see Frodo or Sam or Gollum (if not all three of them) included. But anyway good job.

Looks nice! If buying this as a set i would probably like to see Frodo or Sam or Gollum (if not all three of them) included. But anyway good job.

I thought about adding the three of them. I decided not too since they already come in several sets and I wasn't sure if it would add much play value since they did not actually enter Minas Morgul. It is definitely a good idea though and perhaps I should have regardless of my reasons not to. Thanks for the compliment and advice!