Sign in to follow this  
dr_spock

MOC: Special Amtrak Baggage Car

I was sorting and playing around with some bricks last night. Out came an Amtrak baggage car for my Amtrak train MOC.

mt1.jpg

But this is no ordinary baggage car. It is special...as in a special hidden intercontinental delivery system.

mt2.jpg

Play features: open roof and rear doors. Pivot up the missile launcher and get ready to say goodbye to your checked-in luggage.

mt4.jpg

Who wants to press the "button"? The smiley passengers should probably move further away first.

mt3.jpg

Inspiration came from railpictures.net -> http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=186052&nseq=5

Looks great! but it it would destroy the train, track, and infrastructure on takeoff. (it doesn't really matter though, cause in this situation you'd have bigger issues to worry about, like the survival of humanity as a species in the event of WWIII)

In all seriousness, it looks pretty cool!

Edited by Murdoch17

Nice wagon ...but why the rocket? Maybe to beat the other trains? :devil::laugh:

I have only one suggestion: I would exchange the bogies of the wagons, the one of the baggage with steps would be more appropriate for the passenger car and vice versa

Looks great! but it it would destroy the train, track, and infrastructure on takeoff. (it doesn't really matter though, cause in this situation you'd have bigger issues to worry about, like the survival of humanity as a species in the event of WWIII)

In all seriousness, it looks pretty cool!

Thanks. It should have a low powered propellant to throw the missile up into the air far enough before the main engine ignite to minimize damage to the equipment.

Nice wagon ...but why the rocket? Maybe to beat the other trains? :devil::laugh:

I have only one suggestion: I would exchange the bogies of the wagons, the one of the baggage with steps would be more appropriate for the passenger car and vice versa

Thanks for the suggestion. I've rebuilt the passenger car boogies to match the baggage car ones. Picked up some more of those black handle pieces from the Pick A Brick wall.

Nice design. The Soviets and the Americans have both designed such things. Using Amtrak though, interesting idea.

lol... Missile truck... 'Peace Keeper Rail Garrison'...

Any relation to cgarison? :laugh:

Nice design. The Soviets and the Americans have both designed such things. Using Amtrak though, interesting idea.

Thanks. I don't think the rail traveling public would approve riding with a nuclear missile. But Amtrak has trains throughout the U.S.A. You can load up the Viewliner cars with soldiers for the security detail. Viewliner sleeper and diner cars would provide comfortable accomodations. The latest signed nuclear treaty doesn't ban ICBM trains. I think the Russians are looking to bring them back.

http://rt.com/news/railroad-based-missile-russia-429/

LOL, now that's something different. And it somehow reminds me of the movie "spies like us"

I haven't seen that movie. Sounds like the plot was to steal a Soviet mobile missile launcher.

I am thinking this is the Reagan era Amtrak car so we could truly scare the Soviets. Nice build.

And here is a link to the artist's conception of a train car launch.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-otRPQ8-Ogdk/UbwPj0bMOaI/AAAAAAAADJc/BMWOxgpCA0c/s1600/Rail+Garrison_launch+Poster.jpg

Thanks. Nice poster.

Any relation to cgarison? :laugh:

Nah, I wish it were. The nickname "cgarison" came about at a friend's house during an Eagle's football game in 2004 when one of the attendees was so drunk that she couldn't get out any of her statement except a point in my direction and a "see.. gar... hic... uh... son..." Being relatively new to Philly, the nickname stuck and everyone at that party started calling me C. Garison instead of Gary. So that became my new web handle because you really cannot give yourself your own nickname.

But, back to the topic.... I might have to build a railcar like this for the moonbase.

Nah, I wish it were. The nickname "cgarison" came about at a friend's house during an Eagle's football game in 2004 when one of the attendees was so drunk that she couldn't get out any of her statement except a point in my direction and a "see.. gar... hic... uh... son..." Being relatively new to Philly, the nickname stuck and everyone at that party started calling me C. Garison instead of Gary. So that became my new web handle because you really cannot give yourself your own nickname.

But, back to the topic.... I might have to build a railcar like this for the moonbase.

Something like this on train tracks or monorail?

6881-1.jpg

That would be the most simple form of the concept.

But I was thinking like the transport and setup of a Soyuz rocket. As in this video clip. http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675051246_Soviet-Soyuz-spacecraft_space-walk_launching-a-spacecraft_launch-vehicle

So it will be the integration of a train into the Lego Space 483 (Alpha 1 Rocket Base) to carry the rocket to the launch pad.