Sign in to follow this  
vitreolum

Treasure Island - The Attack

[pid][/pid] 257D

Based on the scene from R.L. Stevenson's Treasure Island, when the pirates are attacking the remains of the crew at Flint's fort.

This is a special build for me, Treasure Island was THE book for me as a child, and still is one of my favorites. I didn't manage to make everything I wanted here, particularly with the terrain as I ran out of pieces, but I love how this turned out nevertheless.

15197381882_0a63229f8f_c.jpgTreasure Island - The Attack by Letranger Absurde, on Flickr

Edited by vitreolum

Love that tree trunk! And excellent cannon fire. So much life and action in this scene, I really like it.

Very nice! The stockade looks great in dark brown. Your use of droid arms all around is really rather clever, and using clips to make the texture on the palm trees' trunks is really something, too.

Really nice. I am thinking of making some scenes from the Mysterious Island by Jules Verne. These books are very inspiring.

Absolutely lovely! Fantastic! Love it!

I always wanted to build the blockhouse scene myself. I doubt it would've turned out as good as yours has.

Could you post some more pictures from different angles and ranges? Does the blockhouse has some interior?

This is very interesting build, I love all those techniques you used. Above all the way you did the roof and the tower.

Great Stuff! Definitely Treasure Island.

Others have already rightfully praised so many aspects of your MOC, that they only leave me to point out: nice custom flag!

pirate_satisfied.gif

Nice one mate. Just everything is perfect in this one, the house, the fence around it, the palms and the number and positioning of the minifigs.

Edited by Simon_S