MINI BUILD I promised we would do more contests this year, so I'm sorry for the delay, but here it is.....a new contest. DESCRIPTION Build a LEGO Technic model with a maximum of 200 LEGO parts! Imagine your set being sold as an official LEGO set. DEADLINE Contest closes on August 1st, 2014. CONTEST SPECIFIC RULES AND REGULATIONS Maximum of 200 parts. 199 or less is okay, 200 is okay, 201 is NOT okay.
Chain links and tracks DO count toward the part limit.
Every part counts (mini turntable is two parts, just like in a real set)
NO Electronics (PF, Mindstorms, etc) are allowed.
Only official LEGO parts.
No chrome unless it's official LEGO (see previous rule)
Ropes/Strings, rubber bands and pneumatic tubing need to be official LEGO parts.
Set must have at least one, preferably more, functions.
Aesthetics do count.
NO Model Team.
Imagine your set being sold as an official LEGO set (also see previous two rules).
GENERAL RULES AND RESTRICTIONS The contest is open to all EB members (also new members).
Voting is only allowed for existing members (which means member date before start date of contest)
If there's a tie my vote and Blakbird's will count twice. If there's still a tie, Staff members will decide who wins.
One entry per member.
Entries need to be new (never posted anywhere previously).
Only physical builds, so no LDD or other virtual entry.
If you have any doubts about the suitability of your entry contact me.
All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
Decals (stickers) will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
Entries are to be placed in the entry topic in this forum.
Entries not in the entry topic are not eligible for voting.
The entry post may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.
These rules can be changed whenever we see fit to ensure that people follow the intent of the contest.
Staff members are not eligible for winning prizes.
WHAT DO I NEED TO ENTER? All participant need to create a WIP topic for discussion purposes and create a post in the entry topic. WIP TOPIC A WIP topic beginning with [MINI].
ENTRY POST The entry post (in the soon to be created entry topic) should contain: Entry name
Part count
Short summary of the functions.
Promotional image (this one should kick megablocks!)
Parts image (a picture of all the parts used, spread out on a surface)
The part image needs to show all the parts used in the model. I need a picture showing all the separate parts! That way we can clearly see which, and how many, parts have been used. The promotional image needs to be clear and crisp image, which really shows the model in it's best way. Think of it as the image on the box. Building a great MOC is one thing, but a decent presentation really helps you to get more votes. PRIZES The prize winners may choose between selected prizes. 1st PRIZE The winner can choose between 42006, 42023, 42024 and 42028 (if available). (or choose a smaller set of choice) 2nd PRIZE The runner-up can choose between 42007 and 42022. (or choose a smaller set of choice) 3rd PRIZE The bronze medalist can choose between 42026, 42027 and 42012. (or choose another set with a maximum of 25 euro) Special thanks to TLG's Community Support Team for providing these awesome prizes!