This is looking great! Can\t wait to see it all together.

On 9/16/2019 at 4:00 PM, KotZ said:

This is looking great! Can\t wait to see it all together.

I can't wait either @KotZ! I hope you like my latest teaser of what I've been up to:

48772534481_eb55c0050d_z.jpg

This is an updated and vastly enlarged form of sets 6769 / 6762, (Fort Legoredo) with new parts and some modifications to the original set. These new parts include two cannons which oddly are missing in the original sets. (You will note the battle damage to one of them, as I ran out of brown 1 x 2 log parts and fell in love with the look.)

I have heavily modified this model from it's original set state by adding Technic pins to hold the sections together, and by filling in the gaps in the wooden walls. The jail cell has also been enlarged and opened up for play-ability, plus a train platform had been placed at the secondary gate (opposite the main one) for loading and unloading soldiers and equipment.

What do you guys think?

Fort Legoredo was the pinnacle of desire for Lego sets during my late childhood. I finally acquired it as an adult and love the set. I like the additions you have made to it, but I miss height of the main gate and the flag and the big sign above the main gate. 

In my opninion, it looks a little bland, maybe because there's not much in it yet. All of your other designs (while definitely keeping in spirit with LEGO's Wild West theme of open backs and such, all feel a lot more intricate at the moment, especially the hidden cliff.

20 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

Fort Legoredo was the pinnacle of desire for Lego sets during my late childhood. I finally acquired it as an adult and love the set. I like the additions you have made to it, but I miss height of the main gate and the flag and the big sign above the main gate. 

I plan on placing a custom US civil war-era flag above the main gate.... I just have to order it, plus a Confederate flag for the wandering band of renegade troops who decided not to surrender in 1865, and a cavalry battle flag or two for my Union commander.

6 hours ago, KotZ said:

In my opninion, it looks a little bland, maybe because there's not much in it yet. All of your other designs (while definitely keeping in spirit with LEGO's Wild West theme of open backs and such, all feel a lot more intricate at the moment, especially the hidden cliff.

I really wasn't sure what to put inside the fort as when I scaled it up, the blank spaces just became bigger.... I need to work on making those area less obvious. (I'm looking at you, 100% blank wall!)

48782841237_ff417e1bbd_n.jpg\

Side note: I'm hopefully going to have 16 of these cacti sitting on the Western layout come November. The design is an old LEGO Club one from the Lone Ranger era that I reverse engineered and strengthened with a rod going through it.

4 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I really wasn't sure what to put inside the fort as when I scaled it up, the blank spaces just became bigger.... I need to work on making those area less obvious. (I'm looking at you, 100% blank wall!)

48782841237_ff417e1bbd_n.jpg\

Side note: I'm hopefully going to have 16 of these cacti sitting on the Western layout come November. The design is an old LEGO Club one from the Lone Ranger era that I reverse engineered and strengthened with a rod going through it.

I would suggest some tents or something for the army forces to sleep in. I think that would help fill it out. And those cacti look great.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:59 PM, KotZ said:

I would suggest some tents or something for the army forces to sleep in. I think that would help fill it out. And those cacti look great.

Thanks for the idea, I'll look into it for the future... as for right now, there isn't enough time / money to do it, as I have got until November 9th for the western display to be up-and-running, and my Lego budget is expended for now. Maybe when I get the models back in January I can do it, but not before then. Thanks again for checking in @KotZ!

48975474402_50d8470d42_z.jpg

Anyway, I updated the first post with the new loco pictures and created a separate topic for the red train in the Train Tech sub-forum, as the engine is now modeled after set 71044's (Disney train) 4-4-0 and I thought warranted it's own discussion.

Enjoy!

49218986678_59cd833296_z.jpg

Here are all the pictures of my Wild West stuff on display at Our Lady of the Snows, in Belleville, Illinois until December 31st. The stuff seen there is only a portion of what I have built in the last six years.

49229456142_3761fd5c60_z.jpg

Sadly this station is not on display in Illinois, but it is now in the first post and has replaced the 2015-era original station. (You can also find the station in it's dedicated Train Tech topic here) Any thoughts?

Edited by Murdoch17

On 1/13/2014 at 8:15 PM, Murdoch17 said:

US 1880's LEGOREDO MODULAR TRAIN DEPOT

49229456142_3761fd5c60_z.jpg

I originally got this basic model from a page on Bricksafe by user @sed6 as seen here. I revised the freight door to be movable, changed the roof color to dark red from black, building color to sand green from tan, plus I added a "cast iron" heating stove and it's chimney flue to the model for late-1800's period look. I have named the Fort Legoredo passenger depot after the famous set number 6761. (Fort Legoredo)

Wow, wow, wow this is so full of awesomeness! Your recolor and changes to the depot look great. Everything looks great. 

On 12/17/2019 at 9:52 PM, sed6 said:

Wow, wow, wow this is so full of awesomeness! Your recolor and changes to the depot look great. Everything looks great. 

Thank you @sed6, glad you like it, as it is your original design that inspired me after all!

Posted (edited)
On 12/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, Rockstaremcee said:

I'm only through the 1st page and I am thoroughly impressed!  Very exciting builds!

Thank you @Rockstaremcee, here is another build I'm working on, the legendary engine number 4!

49356456943_8cfcc2ebaa_z.jpg

Since I can't think of a proper fourth steam engine design to go with the three Western trains I've already built, I've decided to build this small traction engine in blue, with the number 4 on it's sides instead. It will most likely ride on a flat car on my wild west freight train as seen here, in preparation for it's delivery at my engine sheds.

This model was built from instructions seen at the Old Workhorse's Lego Ideas page as seen here. (I am not affiliated with the creator of that page, I just used their free instructions, visible further down in the updates section, to build the traction engine seen here.)

49356456988_9a0a5d01d3_z.jpg

The rear of the traction engine features a hook. This is used for hauling cold engines around in the yard for servicing or for fueling at the start of the day. This little hauler may be slow, but it sure is strong!

More pictures will come when the model is finished in real bricks!

Edited by Murdoch17