ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

2 hours ago, Weil said:

Yes, but perhaps worth pointing out it is a sticker before people get too excited.

That's actually a good thing. I see that flag used with all kinds of other stickers.

Posted (edited)

So people can see what part they are discussing in 42118 :pir-grin:

42118.jpg

Obviously the wheels right? :pir-murder:

Edited by evancelt

4 hours ago, evancelt said:

So people can see what part they are discussing in 42118 :pir-grin:

<snip>

Obviously the wheels right? :pir-murder:

Well, some of those lime green parts would be good for plants. And I guess the black Technic beams could be used as pitch-covered wooden planks. In any event, that flag and sticker sheet will likely be in some demand on Bricklink. Look at the list of wanted colors for the unprinted large flag sometime.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Well, some of those lime green parts would be good for plants. And I guess the black Technic beams could be used as pitch-covered wooden planks. In any event, that flag and sticker sheet will likely be in some demand on Bricklink. Look at the list of wanted colors for the unprinted large flag sometime.

Definitely! It's crazy how some of the rarer vintage pirate pieces (admiral/governor torsos, head, hat, imperial flags, red octagon web clip, blue lantern piece, etc) have exploded in price during COVID lockdowns. I think a lot of 30-somethings are nostalgic for the vintage sets and now have time and income to spend on the pieces (certainly the case for me now)!

Edited by evancelt

9 hours ago, gedren_y said:

That's actually a good thing. I see that flag used with all kinds of other stickers.

Ah, okay. That's all good then.  I just personally would have been more interested if it were otherwise.

The teal jacket from 71735 Tournament of Elements is perfect for a Napoleonic hussar officer.

Here's how I'm using it:

50940638822_3520f1e9cd.jpg

Edited by 2maxwell

4 hours ago, 2maxwell said:

The teal jacket from 71735 Tournament of Elements is perfect for a Napoleonic hussar officer.

Looks like a great torso! Thanks for the tip