I apologize if these has already been posted here, but I stumbled across some (at least to me) interesting prototype Castle designs from various periods. Some of them are earlier versions of released sets, some are sets that never materialized in any form, some are alternative minifigs... well, see for yourself: An interesting sort of precursor to the Medieval Market Village, pretty well-made. Another medieval village with an interesting look. A fairly standard castle. A Loch Ness castle with creature. An interesting build. A dwarwf mine from the 80's. Very cool, I think. A later dwarf mine. Yet another dwarf mine. Fascinating to see the development of this set over the years. Some earlier versions of the dwarfs. Some unreleased castle minifigs. An earlier version of the troll's mountain fortress. In my view, this version is far superior to the final product. I think I've seen this particular image somewhere on Eurobricks already, but couldn't recall where... it's a cancelled theme called 'Europa'. From Brickpedia: "Europa is an unreleased theme created by the LEGO group. It was set in the 18th century. The most likely reason that the theme wasn't released is that it was too close to both Castle and Pirates." It's my favourite picture of the bunch, and I think it could have been great even though I understand their reasons for not doing it. Notice the wigs! Link to a bigger version of the picture: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110102230732/lego/images/6/63/Europa.png