Moose

Return of the Spaniards

You must choose  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more Imperial Armada sets?

• Yes, definitely!
    • Not phased, but I WOULD buy them
    • No, not ever!

In the pictures of the Indiana Jones sets, there are a few pictures of the graveyard set from "Crystal Skull." In one of the pictures there is a skeleton with the helmet the old lego spanish armada wore. Is this a sign of things to come. When lego began implementing re-issued pirate pieces in sets, it turned out there was a new pirate series in the works. so maybe these means were getting some new pirate factions?

Could be, and really hope so. Last year's 7627 - Temple of Akator had already included one of those spanish helmets too, so we can only hope there'll be new factions in the Pirate theme...

That would be fantastic!. I hope the new line offers variety of nationalities. The reappearance of the Spaniards with their morrion helmets should be perfect!

I use a lot in our pirates photonovel "Los Brickcorsarios" in Hispalug, and its a problem, because i only have four of them.

If they do bring back the Spanish looking fellows some day, I wish the helmets would be... what's the term... flat silver? The same colour as the Castle helmets, swords and spears these days.

Spaniards or not, I'm just happy the Pirates line is back. And in fine shape! Flashy looking coats, fiery red soldier uniforms, even a pirate babe: it's all back. Fan-bloody-tastic. :pir-classic:

I am guessing TLG wants to use the new soldiers a while longer before the Armada returns. I would like to see more Armada though eventually. I think they will give us another few releases with Soldiers for now.

I've added a poll to this thread. It seems a return of Imperial Armada is of interest to some, so lets just how much interest there is!

I would have no problem with the return of the SPaniards, but I'd like to see Lego wait a year or two. I missed out on them the first time around because of my dark ages.. this time around I want to work on my soldiers sets for awhile.

Um, let me think about that. YEAH, it would be great to have some more Spaniards since I only have 3.

I would love to see the return of the Armada. One thing I was just thinking about as I was reading this thread was that there are rumors of a pirate advent calendar coming out later this year. Now, what I am thinking is that we could see some unique figs in this calender which could include a Spaniard. This thought is just based off of what was in the castle advent calendar. If the contents are similar we could see some new figs, maybe even new color of soldiers, though this is mostly just wishful thinking.

It would hardly be a RETURN since they were barely here in the first place. There was what, like 3 sets to begin with.

I would definitely love more, my Flagship is in need of some more mates.

I see that you're Spanish BlueBard - did you think the LEGO Group did well in representing your country's past with the Imperial Armada sub-theme?

Considering that we haven't even been given a ship for the Soldiers, I went ahead and voted no. Lego needs to cover their bases first. Plus, the Spaniards weren't exactly a whopping success with their two sets. Heck, it wasn't long after their introduction that the Lego Pirates line crashed and burned in the first place.

I would love to have them back and Voted yes but I agree with Casval they need to release some more soldier sets.

Checkout this vignette by our old friend Armada Yoda.

He's used the Native American mini-figures which appear in the Indiana Jones sets in vignette depicting Hernán Cortés conquering the Aztec Empire.

Would it be awesome to have Imperial Armada sets with natives or would some precieve that as insensitive?

3225481914_7abae184ff_o.jpg

I think they will return, I think there will be a time when de lego designers realize that new isn't always better, and then they go back to the past and bring the old lego sets in the shops again, with some new adds to it.

I think they will return, I think there will be a time when de lego designers realize that new isn't always better, and then they go back to the past and bring the old lego sets in the shops again, with some new adds to it.

I don't think so. I would like to see it, but I think the time of re-releases is history.

Edited by Richie

After thinking, seeing the conquistador helmet in the new graveyard set may mean something, as we saw in the jungle duel cutlasses and then pirates returned.