Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[TC] Sailing to the New Haven Sea

Category A

53536971774_7d1c306444_b.jpgA Storm Brewing A01A by Philippe, auf Flickr

Protagonists from right to left:

Captain Diana Price is in command of the ship. She commands the guys with an iron hand, if not obeyed then she gives out slaps, punches and kicks.

Salvatore Calabria, talks a lot and is always hungry.

Dirty Dirk is a fast and precise knife thrower, but he is less diligent at work.

Jón Páll Magnússon strong as a bear and always has something to complain about, but no one cares.

Monsieur le Buveur, no one knows his real name, no matter where a bottle of alcohol was hidden, he finds it.

53536647371_dba5fde3c2_b.jpgA Storm Brewing A02A by Philippe, auf Flickr

It is February 18, 624 and the Santa Lucia is in zone 49 and is traveling to the island of Nova Londa. In the morning there was a light wind, and the sea was calm. Now around midday the wind and waves became more violent.

Captain Diana: "Dirty Dirk, you stupid donkey, get down into the hold immediately! Secure and fasten everything."

"Buveur do you sleep standing up? Lay the ropes so we can hold on in a storm."

"Salvatore check the rigging!"

Dirk, Buveur and Salvatore: "Aye, Aye, Captain!"

In the southeast the sky darkens. The harbingers of a storm are visible. To strengthen and motivate the captain approves a ration of rum.

53536834993_d4b338f838_b.jpgA Storm Brewing A03A by Philippe, auf Flickr

Good to see some honest pirates are still roaming the seas! Good luck to Cap'n Price!

I love how you have achieved the dynamism of the sea *oh2* . It really takes the moc to another level.

Wow, the water/wave technique is ingenious :pir-stareyes:That makes for a very dynamic scene of the ship riding the waves!

I can only echo what the others have said: excellent technique on the wave! It really adds a level of dynamism to the MOC. I also like that you've used the hexagonal base technique introduced in the Era 3 thread.

Great water technique! Love the colors and the wave! Nice boat too! What technique did you use for the sails? It has a nice smooth curve!

23 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Good to see some honest pirates are still roaming the seas! Good luck to Cap'n Price!

Thanks very much. That's right, pirates earn their doubloons through hard work! :pir_laugh2:  Not like the other slackers who just collect taxes.

23 hours ago, Ben S said:

I love how you have achieved the dynamism of the sea *oh2* . It really takes the moc to another level.

23 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Wow, the water/wave technique is ingenious :pir-stareyes:That makes for a very dynamic scene of the ship riding the waves!

22 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Nice work! Fine wave effect and little boat!

Many thanks to all of you too. I'm surprised myself at how good the little ship looks in the waves in the photo. I wasn't convinced when I was building it, but the finished build convinced me.

21 hours ago, Khorne said:

I can only echo what the others have said: excellent technique on the wave! It really adds a level of dynamism to the MOC. I also like that you've used the hexagonal base technique introduced in the Era 3 thread.

Thanks very much. I really like the hexagonal base technique. The advantage is that no matter how you turn it, it always looks good.

17 hours ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Great water technique! Love the colors and the wave! Nice boat too! What technique did you use for the sails? It has a nice smooth curve!

Thanks very much. It's probably the same technique as the flying hat in your Storm Chasers. I always lined up a row of plates horizontally. I set an angle for the row below. Afterwards I pushed some of the plates forward or backwards. Finally, I put the tiles on it.

Great effect of the rolling sea! The build has a wonderful sense of motion!

And wonderful brickbuilt hull and sail for the ship. :pir-huzzah2:

It's been said by everyone at this point, but it's impossible to comment on this moc without mentioning it : Fantastic work on the wave! It looks fabulous:pir-love:

The little ship looks great as well, very impressive for its small size:pir-huzzah2:

6 hours ago, NOD said:

Thanks very much. It's probably the same technique as the flying hat in your Storm Chasers. I always lined up a row of plates horizontally. I set an angle for the row below. Afterwards I pushed some of the plates forward or backwards. Finally, I put the tiles on it.

That’s too bad! I hoped it was technically possible to make this. It looks smooth!

Maybe it works with the net-technique that is also used for waves!

On 2/19/2024 at 4:21 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Great effect of the rolling sea! The build has a wonderful sense of motion!

And wonderful brickbuilt hull and sail for the ship. :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks very much. It was fun to build a small ship for once.

On 2/19/2024 at 5:13 PM, Justsomebrix said:

It's been said by everyone at this point, but it's impossible to comment on this moc without mentioning it : Fantastic work on the wave! It looks fabulous:pir-love:

The little ship looks great as well, very impressive for its small size:pir-huzzah2:

Thanks very much. The waves and the small ship fit together perfectly.

18 hours ago, Bricksbypidy said:

That’s too bad! I hoped it was technically possible to make this. It looks smooth!

Maybe it works with the net-technique that is also used for waves!

That sounds interesting and could work. Is there a flexible net in Bricklink Studio 2.0?

Wow! Such a nice entry! I like the way you made rigid blocks appear so curved and flexible! I would wish your characters smooth sailing, but this doesn’t seem very likely! 

21 hours ago, Bricksbypidy said:

No sadly not. 

This is a pity! Someone building with real bricks can make rigging with string and sails with fabric or paper. Building with Bricklink Studio 2.0 has advantages but also disadvantages. Then we have to improvise. What does not fit is made to fit.

7 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Wow! Such a nice entry! I like the way you made rigid blocks appear so curved and flexible! I would wish your characters smooth sailing, but this doesn’t seem very likely! 

Thanks very much. I try to create tile curves or an illusion of them as much as possible.

I hope Poseidon has mercy and doesn't let the New Haven Sea be destroyed in ERA III. I like the map as it is now. Many great things were built in the settlements. As long as there is uncertainty, there will probably be no new members in Brethren of the Brick Seas.

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

tag-frontpaged-2019.png

.. because this is an excellent MOC!

Congratulations! :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you very much, this is a great honor! I'm very happy that so many people like my little ship on the waves.

The Challenge isn't over yet!

Particularly interesting is "Category B - This is a story category."

Edited by NOD

10 hours ago, MAP Tec said:

Very cool water design :pir-triumph:

Thanks very much. To ensure that the challenge remains exciting, this entry will not take part in the challenge. Consider my entry in Category A as inspiration.

Brethren of the Brick Seas is a fun game and welcomes anyone who follows the Eurobricks rules.

What a beautiful wave!  You make me hope for those 1x2 rounded parts in transparent colors, it works so well.   Great curve on the sail too.

On 2/23/2024 at 5:26 PM, Kai NRG said:

What a beautiful wave!  You make me hope for those 1x2 rounded parts in transparent colors, it works so well.   Great curve on the sail too.

Thanks very much. 1x2 rounded parts in transparent colors are available from a third-party manufacturer. :innocent2:

On 2/29/2024 at 10:18 PM, The Undo said:

Wow! The boat is great by itself, but that water technique is amazing! :pir-stareyes:

Thanks very much. I'm very pleased that you like my ship and especially the waves.

Interesting situation at the moment! If I took part in Category B with a entry, I would probably be in the 1-2 places. :pir-grin:

On 4/10/2024 at 10:52 PM, Fraunces said:

Big part of my inspiration as well to join BotBS

Thank you very much! Everyone has different reasons for being here.

Nothing is impossible in Brethren of the Brick Seas:

Heros of Mooreton Bay.