adde51

GoH 10 C : Port of Mophet

Finally got around to posting pics of this build that I made back when the contest was first announced...haha!

As Mophet grew and traderouts became more established, the next logical step was to establish a port to the north/west of the city. The Arkbri river was fairly near as it was, and continuing to grow the relationship with nearby Barqa was essential to Mophets security. Thus, the city council decided to make the necessary investments to make it a reality. 

http://52772833453_331cdb8cff_k.jpgPort of Mophet by Andreas Lenander, on Flickr

So this build is part of a collab of sorts between a few of us Swebrick members, depicting ports in different parts of Historica. Hopfully we'll all be able to display them together later this spring. Hope you like it, thanks for stopping by!    

Awesome build! It will be nice with all the port builds besides each other. :laugh::thumbup:

Looks great.  The palm tree design is nice.  The arches look great especially the way you added the piece in the middle of the lower arches.  I like the additions of plants, birds, and animals throughout the build making it feel more alive.  There is some nice detailing on the buildings.  Lots of great looking figs too.  

Great bustling scene, lots of interesting architectural bits and fun colors!

Andreas, you have such a breathtaking signature style! 
I see Kali and I immediately know it's your creative mind behind it. 

Impressive layout, especially when made in Middle-Eastern inspiration. 
Craaazy good tree trunks. THe white and tan tower is my favorite! The blue tooth-piece dome is phenomenal too. The sail is outstanding, and the mix of yellows for timed decorative walls is incredible. 

Truly inspiring. Makes me want to travel Kali for a little while.
Awesome work.

Thanks a lot guys, very much appreciated! As always a lot of fun building Kali-builds, I really need to step up my "posting on EB"-game...:laugh:

This is so good! Love how you managed the angled wall on the left half of the port. And all the architecture feels very Kali.

Wow, there's a lot going on here.  The scale of this build is immense, and it really flows well. You have a number of interesting color choices, like the light blue dome and the yellow plaster on the main building, that work quite well.  The palm trees all look good, especially in the leaves, but I bet lining up all the trunks was tedious!  The shape of the large boat hull is really impressive and realistic.  Very nice.  The various animals throughout are fun to pick through and find.  I think you did a good job making the docks look busy, but not too cluttered.  Overall, great job!  This would be really fun to see in person, but I'm not going to be in Sweden anytime soon! :sad:

Many nice details here, as usual :classic:

Some particular favorites are the dome (which I got inspired by to build a smaller version of for my lighthouse), palm trees (simple but super effective trunk technique), hull shape of the ship (need to look a bit closer at that in Örebro :wink: ) and the overall shaping of the quay. The architectural details of the bazaar/storehouse building at the back are also great :thumbup:

Not just an incredible port, but you even included a impressive ship! Really like the brick built hull shape, and how you detailed the top of the yard with lots of 1x1 round plate with handle elements.

Great choice to have a long section of the harbor wall be angled, as it adds a lot to the composition :thumbup:

Super pretty architectural style to every building, with the blue dome and unique windows on the central structure being standouts for me :wub:

The best thing about this moc is how vibrant it is. So much activity and so many colors that pop but feel coherent. Love that ship and crane too!