Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[COR - OKT] Oktoberfest in Punto Sur

Another year, another Oktoberfest!

There is lots of hustle and bustle on the quayside of Punto Sur - not all of it going as planned. For some, things go well, with tasty sausage-in-a-bun...

1UFGVyB.jpg

... while for some the spilled beer comes not from their glas, but from a broken barrel!

yrYw4ft.jpg

Behind the poor soul feeding the harbour fish with some Oktoberfest beer comes along Otto Grim on his way to his small barrel-maker factory. Quiet in disbelief of the scene he mutters to himself: "Shoddy foreigners work for sure! None of this would have happened with any of the fine barrels of mine. All that wasted beer, a shame!"

In front of the Elementary School two other locals were oblivious to the commotion, obviously already thinking of another upcoming festivity. Happy Halloween! Some old sault - wearing his finest classical hat - watched them with mild irritation, not at all impressed by these newfangled customs:

ekyF8BW.jpg

None of this mattered to the other workers on the pier, who just hoped that not all beer was out once they had finished their job:

A8hm6Jv.jpg

================================================================

This thread, as well as its follow-ups (see below) are my entries for the 2022 Oktoberfest mini-challenge.

First two more pictures of the scene in its entirety:

0oo8PMS.jpg

EfBNRjH.jpg

This display splits up into three seperate build. They all share a common story, but not everything is shown here - so check them out:

They all feature design elements I associate with the classic Lego Pirates from the 1990s, namely the use of white, yellow and red on grey underground - as seen with the Imperial Trading Post:

Spoiler

lego-imperial-trading-post-set-6277-4.jp

The mix of classic Lego Pirates with newer minifigs is also intentional, to go with the mini-challenge theme.

The three follow-up threads are meant for the ease of licensing. There you can also see more details of the build(s).

As always, comments and criticism are welcome! :pir-classic:

Edited by Darnok

Efforts much appreciated comrade.

Nice water :thumbup: , but a shame for the beer ! *huh*

I like the sausage in the bun stand ( are they true sausages :drool: or horse-based ones :sick: ? )

5 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Efforts much appreciated comrade.

Nice water :thumbup: , but a shame for the beer ! *huh*

Thanks a lot!

5 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

I like the sausage in the bun stand ( are they true sausages :drool: or horse-based ones :sick: ? )

No horsemeat shenanigans in this story! :pir-grin:

I like the whole diorama. The idea of entering the mini-challenge with 3 builds is clever. :pir-triumph: 

Edited by NOD

Nice scene to bring the builds together. The spilled beer is well done, and an instant classic! :pir-bawling:

I may not be German, but I can feel their pain for the spilled beer! 

Nice read, I wonder if Halloween is going to make an introduction over in Punto Sur! ^^

Great scene. Good idea to divide it into three properties. I love the building style!:pir-huzzah2: