Sérgio

[MOC] English Electric - CP1401 1:45 Scale

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I dismantled almost all of my old Lego 7wide trains, And start to rebuild some in 1:45 scale, adding much more detail and shape than before.

this is an 8 wide model, I don't know how many parts are in use, more than 1000 I guess, there are no instructions and there will never be.

this was built almost old school style the good old fashion Trial and error.

it has lights and it's motorized by Buwizz.

Big shout out also to Aureliusz Fałowski / Chrome Block City who made the custom printed white stripes, he nails it!

51936528455_19e13a8b03_b.jpgEnglish Electric CP1401 by Sérgio Batista, no Flickr

51935918531_4cb6c9c9a1_b.jpgEnglish Electric CP1401 by Sérgio Batista, no Flickr

 

175987014_1678203299029767_3055772828369

Edited by Sérgio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2022 at 2:58 PM, Sérgio said:

I dismantled almost all of my old Lego 7wide trains, And start to rebuild some in 1:45 scale, adding much more detail and shape than before.

Nooooooooooo! You have such great builds, rather than destroy a thing of beauty build new. (even if you have to ebay the old to buy parts). Okay okay, they are Lego which is meant to be rebuilt and there is another angle if the art is transitive, only improving with iterations. But that won't keep me from sniffling a little bit. It would be cool to see a picture of the old build to see the improvements that came with the expansion.

At any rate, looking good and great job with the tricky slant on the front(?) of the cab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

Nooooooooooo! You have such great builds, rather than destroy a thing of beauty build new. (even if you have to ebay the old to buy parts). Okay okay, they are Lego which is meant to be rebuilt and there is another angle if the art is transitive, only improving with iterations. But that won't keep me from sniffling a little bit. It would be cool to see a picture of the old build to see the improvements that came with the expansion.

At any rate, looking good and great job with the tricky slant on the front(?) of the cab

I was thinking of doing this over the last 2 years, instead upgrade some parts, dismantle and do it from the root using more newer parts and the building technics I've been learning over the past 10 years,

This was the first version, it was front page in 2010 :) 

gallery_174_44_131742.jpg

3 hours ago, idlemarvel said:

Very nice detail and great colour match to the prototype!

Thank you ;) 

Edited by Sérgio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great recreation. The improvements in parts selection and building techniques, as well as size really show here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good work, great details and also like the color scheme!

From the feeling the locomotive seems very high, but that may also be due to the perspective of the images. Or is the prototype so high?
For 1:45 and the minifig I find from the gut the cabin too high.
But I can also be completely wrong, it's just a feeling.

Thomas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an evolution, the details are stunning, the work in the cabin with a light inclination and the way you presented the top vent are top notch! These CP colours are beautiful, also the locomotives, and knowing that some of them are being brought to their best, its fantastic for a train fan.
Great work, keep them coming! "Parabéns caral**"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lego really needs to release some trains like this.

I really hope they do this year!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2022 at 6:26 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Nice add on and nice lights! :thumbup:

Thank you!!

On 3/20/2022 at 2:32 PM, Brickwolf said:

Beautiful locomotive, true to prototype!

Thank you!

On 3/20/2022 at 2:42 PM, Poodabricks said:

Nice!

Thanks!

On 3/24/2022 at 7:09 PM, Christoph1970 said:

Its great!

Thank you!

On 3/28/2022 at 7:07 AM, Ts__ said:

Very good work, great details and also like the color scheme!

From the feeling the locomotive seems very high, but that may also be due to the perspective of the images. Or is the prototype so high?
For 1:45 and the minifig I find from the gut the cabin too high.
But I can also be completely wrong, it's just a feeling.

Thomas

Thank you!
The prototype is high indeed, the hood is the same high as a regular passenger coach.

1502-103226v0_20190722.jpg

On 3/28/2022 at 3:26 PM, Grom Knight said:

I like the orange, I like the orange!

we like the orange, we like the orange!

On 3/29/2022 at 6:21 AM, rahziel said:

What an evolution, the details are stunning, the work in the cabin with a light inclination and the way you presented the top vent are top notch! These CP colours are beautiful, also the locomotives, and knowing that some of them are being brought to their best, its fantastic for a train fan.
Great work, keep them coming! "Parabéns caral**"!

Thank you! newer parts that didn't exist 10 years ago help a lot to make this version :)

54 minutes ago, Dragunov2 said:

Lego really needs to release some trains like this.

I really hope they do this year!!!

If Lego will release a highly realistic train or not, there's is no problem, I will keep creating it them :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sérgio said:

The prototype is high indeed, the hood is the same high as a regular passenger coach.

Hello Sergio,

yes, you are right. Fits. The picture shows it very well, the prototype is really much higher than expected. I compared the design with German locomotives, they are flatter and that's where my misjudgement comes from.

Thomas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ts__ said:

Hello Sergio,

yes, you are right. Fits. The picture shows it very well, the prototype is really much higher than expected. I compared the design with German locomotives, they are flatter and that's where my misjudgement comes from.

Thomas

When you saw the locomotive alone it doesn´t look so tall :)

There is another photo side by side with a Nez Cassé locomotive.

264055842_458116285874251_45265928171188

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.