Kallstark Stronghold

Amidst the frozen silhouette that divided the horizon, a wooden needle pierced the clouds. Once again, I knew I was close. And once again, I felt my heart ache. Iron rings clinked in my ears, and I stroke my wrists, heavy with the memory of captivity. I prayed I would never return to Kallstark... yet our destinies remain in the hands of the spinners. So, there I was, standing on a narrow path by its impregnable gates. Only this time, it was different. All was different. For once, I was armed. Spear in hand and boiled leather over my chest. And those would keep me for... a second? Ten? No. I was armed with a weapon sharper than any sword or spear. I was armed with the knowledge that there was only one thing the Jarl wanted more than my head on a spike. And that... was revenge. I was the only one who could grant him his wish. And I was willing to handle it in a platter, served with ale and music and dancers, so he would bathe in the sweet nectar of his revenge. The gates opened in a crackling sound... A smile crossed my lips. And the pain in my heart was no more.
Louis of Valnötsträd

________

Really hope you like it!
This is a contribution for the Castle category of the CCC.
New pictures coming soon. 
Skol!