Warning - Purists look away, some drilling and modifying of Lego parts was required.   Rather than hi-jack the Mould King thread which now discusses smoke generators: I thought I would show my locomotive with a smoke generator. I started by purchasing Tony Sava's plans for the Southern Pacific Daylight 4-84 locomotive and coaches and heavily modified it. I had a lot of trouble negotiating the grades on my layout, which have not particularly smooth transitions, using just train motors in the tender so I motorized the locomotive with a PF L motor. I don't recall my inspiration to add pulsed smoke, I saw it somewhere though, so I added a 8-14V Seuthe smoke generator and a Lego air pump driven off the drive motor. Some milling and drilling was required to mount the smoke generator and the air tubing. I tied the spring on the air pump so it doesn't add much resistance. The whole thing is controlled with an MRC Loco Genie that is a wireless DCC system and powered it with 3 18650 LI-ion batteries nominally providing 11.1V. The Loco Genie has sound and directional and effects lighting and is powering the two PF train motors in the tender and the L motor in the loco. The batteries, an amplifier and 40mm speaker and the Loco Genie are all in the tender.You can see it in operation here; Note the coaches have a provision that allows the diaphragms to touch on straight track but separate for curves. The curves on the outer loop in the video are R56 and greater; the grade is 4%. To deal with the grade and rough transitions, there is a sprung suspension allowing the trailing bogie on the loco +1/-2 plates vertical travel. while the pilot bogie is weighted with titanium putty to keep it on the rails. This video has a not so great narration but during the last minute shows the internals for the tender: Finally, here is a video of the internals of the locomotive showing the air pump in action:   Now I'm really intrigued by the use of an ultrasonic mister and might try that out while keeping the air pump. Dave