Fort Punto Sur... more commonly known as the Omelet.  I tried for an updated classic pirates style.  Unsure about how the dark yellow on the fort did at capturing that.  But I didn't want to dark red, since that's the next generation Imperial pirates... right?  Or can you do dark red and still consider yourself classic pirates?  I know, I'm betraying my youth here... I really liked how the part around back turned out (I actually like how the whole thing turned out except the pictures... I'm always hard on my pictures...).  Unfortunately it's hard to see from the normal angles. Turns out redcoats are more difficult to turn into greencoats than bluecoats were.  And either way Elostirion's method is looking better and better.  Oh, I can't let that picture go by without mentioning my adorable turtle!  And the chameleon too.  So many beautiful animals lately!  Back on the subject of the green torsos - I was really hoping for a darker green, which was why I tried red since blue didn't let me go that dark.  Red was even worse though, it overlaps too much with the yellow arms and head to be easily edited.  (In the end I went carefully over it with a brush on some special mode that resulted in bright lime green...) I enjoyed this wall/ramp technique.  It's deeper on the wall than the ramp, tried doing both deep or both thin, but the ramp looked silly with deep cracks and the wall looks so much worse with thin ones. Last but by no means least we have here a shot of the commander proudly overseeing his watery domain.   On the whole I think my last fort was better, mostly because of the more photogenic layout, but the bright colors of this one were certainly fun to work with.  C&C welcome!  Build log on my blog if you're interested.  And if anyone has ideas on what kind of fort style I should try in another 8 months, let me know!