Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Four

Recommended Posts

On 10/12/2020 at 8:00 PM, Bob said:

(I'm currently a bit ill, which considering my job isn't the best, but this gave me a must needed laugh.) 

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you! Hope you're feeling better!

 

On 10/13/2020 at 2:05 AM, Lord Duvors said:

@Kristel @Darkdragon @Pandora
Grace gives the various people asking for her identification an askance look, somewhat annoyed at this rampant paranoia. With a slight grimace she reaches into one of her pockets and brings out her badge to show everyone.

Charlotte looks carefully at the badge, surely she has seen quite a few official badges in her time?

 

On 10/16/2020 at 5:24 AM, Lord Duvors said:

"Oh, sorry! I almost forgot. Does anyone here know why Mr. Peck was killed?"

"I think, Officer Jones, that if we knew that we might have quite a bit of what's going on around here sorted out." Charlotte looks for understanding in the Officer's face "And I would imagine that anyone who did know, would be quite likely to have been involved in the act, and so would be unlikely to volunteer such information." Charlotte looks some more "So, in short: No."

 

On 10/16/2020 at 11:28 AM, Bob said:

Back to the bridge, most likely. 

Most likely?? Who built this ship?

 

On 10/16/2020 at 5:28 AM, Shadows said:

"So here is my question... if communications are being blocked, how exactly did we notify the Space Police?"

On 10/14/2020 at 9:28 PM, Bob said:

"All we said is what we knew at the time - that there had been a power loss."

"Well Jason and Pierce managed to send a message that we'd had a power loss, is that usually enough to summon the Space Police, Captain? They didn't even say sabotage, and now we have Officer Jones here asking us to answer questions we've been trying to ask ourselves."

 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:50 PM, Darkdragon said:

"It's very suspicious, as is her annoyance at us asking for identification. You'd think an actual member of the Space Police would have offered up the ID without being asked in the first place."

"I absolutely agree. Clearly Officer Jones has never had to worry about nefarious types turning up at her abode claiming to be from the gas board just to gain entry."

 

On 10/17/2020 at 6:33 PM, KotZ said:

"I'm not a crew membe but I wrote something similar in a book. They were using a handheld signal jammer. Small. The size of a phone. We should look for that."

"I'm sure your books are excellent, and hopefully I'll have time to read one one day, but just because you wrote about it does not make it an actual thing, surely? I mean, I could write a postcard to my elderly aunt about a particularly fine hat, but that would not mean that that hat existed, no matter how well I may describe it. Did you base your prose on a real signal jammer you had seen somewhere, or is it only from your flights of fancy?"

 

5 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Exactly. So we should keep looking into it, and find Ezra for frick's sake we have a murderer on the loose!!!"

"We found Ezra, didn't we? Isn't he this injured chap right here that we were initially going to take to the gym and now decided to put on the bed in the empty cabin so that Dr Frost could examine and tend to him?"

5 hours ago, Bob said:

The party arrives at room 1H. It's not locked, since it's not occupied. The room is similar to the other cabins on the ship - it's got a bed with a nightstand, a desk with a lamp and a small little statue, and a tall lamp. There's also the standard bathroom and closet on opposite sides of the room.

Charlotte examines the desk carefully, opening any drawers and cupboards and checking for loose panels and secret compartments etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pandora said:

"Well Jason and Pierce managed to send a message that we'd had a power loss, is that usually enough to summon the Space Police, Captain? They didn't even say sabotage, and now we have Officer Jones here asking us to answer questions we've been trying to ask ourselves."

"It isn't even a legitimate reason to have sent the message, if anything they should have contacted Blue Star for a repair or tow. This is definitely sus as hell."

"I'm fairly certain they aren't going to just let us get home without interfering further. Whatever the case, the best we can do is solve this murder and see if we can mess up their plans."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 6:58 AM, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to quickly open the closet door, ram my head in and scream "BOOOOO!!!". I guess I'll also check for anything that might be in the closet lol.

There's nobody in the closet to scare, and the rest of it seems empty as well. There's some empty hangers, but that's about it. The safe is open, as well.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:10 AM, Tariq j said:

I’d like to look inside the bathroom for any clues or hints that might be in there.

The bathroom appears to have been cleaned and not used since the previous passenger occupied the room on the last voyage.

On 10/19/2020 at 10:03 AM, Lord Duvors said:

Grace is uncertain though, does such a device exist?

"Mr. Jason, Mr. Peirce? You should've been receiving messages telling you how close I was every 24 hours. Did you receive any?"

If nothing else Grace has done counts as an action, she'll take out her Bicorder and scan the room for any evidence.

Such a device could, in theory, exist.

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"Yes! We made sure to tell everyone this as well."

The bicorder doesn't reveal any significant evidence in the room, perhaps being more specific about what you're scanning?

On 10/19/2020 at 10:57 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur searches the desk.

The desk is empty of personal items. All that's inside is a blank notepad with the Blue Star heading, a few standard pens, and a magazine titled "Easy Living on Alpha Centauri"

On 10/19/2020 at 12:19 PM, Pandora said:

Charlotte looks carefully at the badge, surely she has seen quite a few official badges in her time?

Charlotte examines the desk carefully, opening any drawers and cupboards and checking for loose panels and secret compartments etc.

The badge does indeed look official. 

The drawers of the nightstand are empty as well, except for a Space Bible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bob said:

The desk is empty of personal items. All that's inside is a blank notepad with the Blue Star heading, a few standard pens, and a magazine titled "Easy Living on Alpha Centauri"

 

The badge does indeed look official. 

The drawers of the nightstand are empty as well, except for a Space Bible.

I check the notepad for impressions while stuffing a pen and the magazine in my pocket for later persual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arthur tries to recall if the safe in Mr. Pecks and Mr. Parry's rooms were open and empty.

"Did we miss that before..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob said:

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"Yes! We made sure to tell everyone this as well."

The bicorder doesn't reveal any significant evidence in the room, perhaps being more specific about what you're scanning?

"Okay. I think that proves my assumption that the signal jamming only started today. Still doesn't explain why though."

Grace will make an examination of the bathroom with the bicorder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"What the hell is a bicorder?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

"What the hell is a bicorder?"

"Discount tricorder?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlotte checks on Ezra to make sure he's still alive whilst waiting for Dr Frost to do whatever he's going to do and then checks inside the Space Bible for any loose pieces of paper. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 5:19 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

I check the notepad for impressions while stuffing a pen and the magazine in my pocket for later persual.

The pad has no impressions or anything like that.

23 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will make an examination of the bathroom with the bicorder.

The bathroom seems to have not been used since the last passengers were aboard.

20 hours ago, Shadows said:

"Discount tricorder?"

:thumbup:

12 hours ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte checks on Ezra to make sure he's still alive whilst waiting for Dr Frost to do whatever he's going to do and then checks inside the Space Bible for any loose pieces of paper. 

Ezra is still alive, but still unconscious. He's not gone anywhere. The Space Bible has no loose pieces of paper in it, though. It appears to not have been used much and is identical to the one that's in most of the other guest cabins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bob said:

Ezra is still alive, but still unconscious. He's not gone anywhere.

Oh. Wow. Okay. All that worrying for nothing lol.

"Right well I'm seeing a lot of evidence pointing towards no one having been here. :sceptic: Back to having no clue where to go from here."

Is Ezra stable enough where he could be woken up safely if possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 4:24 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur tries to recall if the safe in Mr. Pecks and Mr. Parry's rooms were open and empty.

"Did we miss that before..."

@Bob Just wanted to make sure this doesn't get missed.

5 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Oh. Wow. Okay. All that worrying for nothing lol.

"Right well I'm seeing a lot of evidence pointing towards no one having been here. :sceptic: Back to having no clue where to go from here."

Is Ezra stable enough where he could be woken up safely if possible?

"Agreed, but because it was unlocked it does mean that someone could have ducked in here to escape detection when the rest of us were wandering the halls. Something to keep in mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Right well I'm seeing a lot of evidence pointing towards no one having been here. :sceptic: Back to having no clue where to go from here."

"Well, how about the exercise room? If that's where you're keeping Ezra then I'll want to go there at some point anyway."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Well, how about the exercise room? If that's where you're keeping Ezra then I'll want to go there at some point anyway."

"I'd be fine heading that direction. Aside from Ezra, do we have any other rationale concerning why the fitness room may be a better choice than the other locations?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of a stretch (no pun intended) but the Fitness Room is right next to the lift. So if someone was going between floors they could’ve quickly slipped in there to avoid detection. So there could be a clue or two in there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Well, how about the exercise room? If that's where you're keeping Ezra then I'll want to go there at some point anyway."

Charlotte pinches the bridge of her nose.

"No, Inspector Clouseau, Ezra is not being kept in the exercise room because he is right here!"

Charlotte points emphatically, but carefully, at the unconscious Ezra lying in front of them, still waiting for Dr Frost to do whatever he might do.

She takes a deep breath, smoothes down her clothes (the mechanics overalls Gabriella eventually let her have) and forces out a resigned smile.

"I do not mind where we go next."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte pinches the bridge of her nose.

"No, Inspector Clouseau, Ezra is not being kept in the exercise room because he is right here!"

Charlotte points emphatically, but carefully, at the unconscious Ezra lying in front of them, still waiting for Dr Frost to do whatever he might do.

@BobIs he? I got the impression that the consensus from yesterday was to put him in the exercise room. It was a bit difficult to follow at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 6:40 PM, Trekkie99 said:

Is Ezra stable enough where he could be woken up safely if possible?

You can't make that sort of distinction, since you're an author.

19 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

@Bob Just wanted to make sure this doesn't get missed.

"Agreed, but because it was unlocked it does mean that someone could have ducked in here to escape detection when the rest of us were wandering the halls. Something to keep in mind."

To my knowledge, those cabins did not have safes in them. It seems a safe can be put inside cabins as a special request by the passenger and this one wasn't removed since the cabin was empty this voyage.

3 hours ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte pinches the bridge of her nose.

"No, Inspector Clouseau, Ezra is not being kept in the exercise room because he is right here!"

Charlotte points emphatically, but carefully, at the unconscious Ezra lying in front of them, still waiting for Dr Frost to do whatever he might do.

She takes a deep breath, smoothes down her clothes (the mechanics overalls Gabriella eventually let her have) and forces out a resigned smile.

"I do not mind where we go next."

29 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

@BobIs he? I got the impression that the consensus from yesterday was to put him in the exercise room. It was a bit difficult to follow at the end.

As far as I understand, we didn't move Ezra to the exercise room and he's been lying in the lounge unconscious since we moved him there last night from storage handcuffed to a piece of furniture. The chapter ended before we had a general consensus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was fairly certain Ezra was on the bridge being watched over by the rest of the crew, which was the point of leaving him there with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ezra appears to stir a bit. It may be possible to wake him up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob said:

Ezra appears to stir a bit. It may be possible to wake him up.

I'd like to pour a little water on his face to hopefully wake him up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to pour a little water on his face to hopefully wake him up

It doesn't work - instead there's water all over the floor. Perhaps use medical equipment? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to use some medical equipment to wake Ezra up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I'd like to use some medical equipment to wake Ezra up.

Gabriella injects Ezra with some sort of medicinal injections that were found. He awakens.

XJ8hyoE.jpg

"Where am I? Who are you?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.