The blue waves of Oléon's brave soldiers crashed upon the beaches of Terraversa. The fight for control of the sea front was intense and price paid for in blood, but the sons of Oléon managed to drive away the Terraversans manning the defenses. A myriad of Oléonese army units were taking part in actions all over the island to free its inhabitants from the tyrannical rule of which they were suffering, amongst them several Fusiliers Marins, or  Troupes de la Marine. Easily recognized by their token red scarf, blue uniform or striped shirts, these are Navy soldiers trained to participate in land operations from the sea. Being part of the Navy, they share a great affinity for the sea, not unlike regular sailors. They see Poseidon as their patron deity and try to invoke his blessings in most undertakings they are part of. Once the beaches were cleared of the last stragglers and a decent beach head was set up, several men gathered to appease the King-in-the-Deep. A small wooden horse, symbol of Poseidon, carved from driftwood was their idol. The men stood and watched as it was taken by the sea, uttering songs praising the God of the Oceans. The battle for Terraversa did not end on the beaches, however, and the soldiers were ordered to march further inland in assistance of other army units heavily involved in the house-to-house fighting in Kings Port. So, they crossed the beach head trenches which were still smoldering from the battle and trekked to their next ordeal. Some surrendering Terraversans were still being rounded up and readied for questioning later. You might never know what valuable information they hold... Aiding the men of Oléon were several natives of El Oleonda who had volunteered to join the impressive army of the blue coats in search of adventure and to satiate their lust for fighting. Wielding a their trademark machetes they had descended upon the trenches with great fury and valor which had utterly surprised and shocked the defenders. One can only hope the Lord of the Depths is listening and does indeed grant his blessings over this endeavour. For Oléon and the King! -------
OOC: Sorry for yet another beach scene, @Mesabi . I've built these small MOCs last week, but only got around to taking pictures today. I will try to follow-up with a city fight! I didn't really know what to use for Terraversan soldiers, so I just used the sand green Frodo torsos. I've seen custom yellow torsos being used, but I'm not really a fan of using stickers ... I was struggling with making a decent beach at first, but then I saw @Ross Fisher's Star Wars build and really liked the smoothness of it, so I decided to make my own version of that concept.