Darth Bjorn

[Factions Ep. 5 Cat. D][M12 - Byblos - TT] A Symbol of Loyalty

*Your entry has earned 10 XP*

181019_moc1.jpg

Excerpt from Cdr. Bannon’s log: As a result of the Imperial Triumvirate core-wards expansion several ex-imperials have pledged their loyalty to the new unified Imperial Remnant. Some join existing companies as senior or veteran commanders, others have a, let’s say a more unorthodox way of re-enlisting… These veterans, ex-commandos... I think we should call them... Krayt Squad!

Somewhere in the colonies region a band of ex-imperial hunters have donated the trophy of their latest prey, to the newly established Imperial Museum of Science, as a symbol of their loyalty, and a gift as they re-enlist into the Imperial Triumvirate.

181019_moc3.jpg

Sr. Archivist Zeena Cain has been responsible for the installation and display of the incredible skull of a Krayt Dragon. Unfortunately the mighty horns were damaged and broke off during the battle between the Dragon and the hunters.

181019_moc27.jpg

Spoiler

This was a super interesting challenge. Unfortunately 16 studs is not a lot, when you want to do a huge dragon skull. I had to leave out the horns in the back of the skull. Still - I'm pretty happy with the result. Heres a 360 view of the final trophy...

ezgif-5-7d8c1a24f7e8.gif

This is amazing! I saw it on Instagram and immediately knew what you were building for. The shaping is excellent and I love that round podium. Are those custom stickers on the round plate/tile? You make a good point about the 16x16 limitation. I don't think we thought that one through enough when making the challenge. But you've done a great job within the space confines and I'm interested to see how others tackle this.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

@MKJoshA The round tile is from Vader's Castle on Mustafar - the one under his bacta tank. Yeah, well, I could also've tried to make a Krayt baby skull... :vader:

2 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Yeah, well, I could also've tried to make a Krayt baby skull... :vader:

Or stood it on one end!

I think this works fine, though.

Impressive. The skeleton is fantastic! Great small work.