Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Looks like we get 3 owls, a rat, and a spider at the least as far as animals go. Finally, they’re steering back towards the classics. 

2 minutes ago, AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian said:

I love it, but I must admit that I think it is way too expensive - even for LEGO. You practically get one shop segment + 3-4 Minifigures for every 100€ you pay. They look more like 80€ sets to me but with less Minifigures  ...

I do not agree. Propably one segment has like around 1400 pieces, which i think it could cost 110-120€

I’m a big fan and will for sure be getting it but I feel like Gringotts is really missing to give Diagon Alley it’s full identity. Really hope a compatible set will be released in à not too long future 

3 minutes ago, Yope said:

What a mystery the leaked Harry is.

The only part of the build I'm not keen on is the pink above QQS.  It looks a bit blocky especially with the big square windows.

I was hoping for more Grey and Brown buildings with the brightly coloured windows. Would have looked really good and really popped. Instead it looks a bit like rainbow vomit to be honest. 

I don't even feel bad about Gringotts' exclusion anymore, this set is just so well done! Definetely planning on getting this day 1!

I still love it .. just not as much as I thought I would .. 14 minifigures ?? 14 !!! This is gonna trigger my 5 minifigures with the Disney Castle trauma .. and I was just getting over it 😂😂😂

Official hi-res images will be something to look forward to 😁

4 minutes ago, Yope said:

The only part of the build I'm not keen on is the pink above QQS.  It looks a bit blocky especially with the big square windows.

Yeah I completely agree. Was a bit disappointed on first sight, but on closer inspection I love all the other shops. It's just that massive block of solid pink right in the centre looks off-putting.

So the first year Harry torso really is a mystery now. Kinda glad I’m waiting on getting this right away because if he’s from a GWP I wouldn’t want to miss out. (Which begs the question, what would the GWP be? The parting brick wall?)

1 minute ago, mapimi said:

I’m a big fan and will for sure be getting it but I feel like Gringotts is really missing to give Diagon Alley it’s full identity. Really hope a compatible set will be released in à not too long future 

agreed, but I think Gringotts is coming. This DA is almost the same as the microscale GWP, despite of Gringotts. It might be a kind of sign

4 minutes ago, fanoflego2409 said:

I do not agree. Propably one segment has like around 1400 pieces, which i think it could cost 110-120€

Countwise I agree with you, but I would not pay 120€ for a building with the size of the clocktower with 4 Minifigures - but maybe I need more pictures to really get the size :)

As there seem to be connection holes at both sides of the alley I can imagine the GWP being the entrance wall to the Diagon alley with the leaked Harry Minifigure

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

So the first year Harry torso really is a mystery now. Kinda glad I’m waiting on getting this right away because if he’s from a GWP I wouldn’t want to miss out. (Which begs the question, what would the GWP be? The parting brick wall?)

The parting wall would be too big of an inclusion for them to not have it in a Diagon Alley set, or one of the extensions

The reveal/leak is finally upon us! This truly is the end of an era. 

The minifigures are rather lackluster as many have said, for a set in this theme and of this scale, one would expect a larger quantity/quality of minifigures. Interesting that the leaked Harry w floo power minifg is not in this set. Perhaps an add on Knockturn Alley set? That would be interesting. Was also hoping to see Rita here, but alas she (and Lockheart) would be better suited to be in CMF S3 (in the optimistic scenario where HP is popular enough for Lego to do 3 series :P)

The set, as expected, is magnificent. We are essentially getting 5 modulars in a licensed theme! What a time to be a HP lego fan! Loved how the facades of each building varies in style and colour, as well as the fact that each building actually has a decent interior. The entrance to Knockturn Alley is ingenious, and looks organically integrated. WWW is a sight to behold in all its glory, can't wait to see it in more detail. We are finally getting a minifig scaled WWW! 

The modular system also strongly implies one (if not more) followup sets within this system. Gringotts is a no-brainer, and the Knockturn Alley shop from CoS would be another strong contender. Looking forward! (that Gringotts better be worth the wait :P) 

However, I'm also not as excited as I thought I would be. Perhaps it was the anticipation, or the potential, of a DA set (*cough Gringotts cough*), but I was expecting a "wow" factor that would elevate it beyond a line of licensed modulars, although it does look excellent currently.

Also this should finally shut down any microscale thoughts :tongue:

Posted (edited)

Great set but a notice that the leak harry is not the harry in this set, BB confirmed? New set coming?

Edit: omega x just said the same sorry didn’t see the message.

Edited by Zedro

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

It’s actually neither of those. It’s the outfit she’s wearing in the Flourish & Blotts scene (unsurprisingly) 

My bad, I assumed she was wearing Gryffindor robes in F&B scene :innocent:

The build looks fabulous but I don't love it, the pink of QQS is a bit jarring, especially with how flat the top floor is compared to other shops. The interiors look fantastic though.

Edited by BenderBrau

5 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

If you look very close add the image from the figures of the side of the box you can see that the head of the Harry figure has some dirt on it in the 2 pictures with Hargrid (where they are add the knockturn alley entrance).
Looks like that's from the Harry Torso that leaked earlier.  But not completly sure.

3 minutes ago, Omega X said:

Interesting that the leaked Harry w floo power minifg is not in this set. Perhaps an add on Knockturn Alley set?

Unlikely. It looks like the sooty alternate face actually is on the Harry in this set, and it’s only the torso that’s unaccounted for - and it was always a little odd that they’d paired the sooty face from CoS with the 1st year torso anyway. 

1 minute ago, OrderOfTheBrick said:

If you look very close add the image from the figures of the side of the box you can see that the head of the Harry figure has some dirt on it in the 2 pictures with Hargrid (where they are add the knockturn alley entrance).
Looks like that's from the Harry Torso that leaked earlier.  But not completly sure.

still his torso is missing 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks like Ginny's CMF glass is in DA as well

it look like it’s recoloured to brown, but I’m not sure

I could definitely see that Harry being in the gwp for this set.

Posted (edited)

Here it is! What an incredible set! Can't wait to get it!

Edited by Clone OPatra
Even in YT it's a leak and we can't allow those here

The set is awesome. Love it very much. All the shops + interiors look great. And even a small Knockturn Alley. Only thing im dissapointed with is that there is no DA entrance. The magical Hagrid and Harry first scene. Or am I missing something?