Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Edit: found a video. Interesting to see how it developed! Why were people allowed to record stuff at it back then?

Because it was an official reveal by lego similar to how the Razor Crest was shown off at the TF this year. It was a sneak peak to get fans excited for what's coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Because it was an official reveal by lego similar to how the Razor Crest was shown off at the TF this year. It was a sneak peak to get fans excited for what's coming

Ahh I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

 

Do you have a rough estimate of the area it takes up?

35 x 70 cm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry im late to this thread and im assuming these questions have already been answered, but what sets and how many are we still waiting to be revealed and when will or have they released an offcial way to connect the great hall, whomping willow, clock tower, astronomy tower, room of requirement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mgetz said:

Sorry im late to this thread and im assuming these questions have already been answered, but what sets and how many are we still waiting to be revealed and when will or have they released an offcial way to connect the great hall, whomping willow, clock tower, astronomy tower, room of requirement?

We’re waiting on the D2C Diagon Alley & an unknown set that is believed to be a medium sized MoM set. No official connection yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mgetz said:

Sorry im late to this thread and im assuming these questions have already been answered, but what sets and how many are we still waiting to be revealed and when will or have they released an offcial way to connect the great hall, whomping willow, clock tower, astronomy tower, room of requirement?

We're waiting for Diagon Allley D2C (presumably 71045), unknown set which is 75978 (it's either Chamber of Secrets or Ministry of Magic), CMF (half of the figures leaked) and Advent Calendar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, deskp said:

Depending on what the figure is i might need duplicates.

mod-stronomy45-24.png

Here is my plan when i get the new set.  the great hall and tower ready from 2018.

so just adding the rock base to the viaduct entrance and the viaduct itself. Adding one extra level to the astronomy tower.

This looks really good ?

18 hours ago, Bluetus said:

 

 

I’m also currently designing a taller staircase tower with a new interior too! ( want to put Dumbledore office up there )

Also planned to make an astronomy tower higher than my current design staircase tower.

49866301438_e81b40679c_c.jpg

Nice design! And I see my griffin statue and memory cabinet models in there ?

13 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Now this is how you do Dumbledore's office. I especially love the golden statue.

That statue is my design ?, here is a better look:

Lego Harry Potter: Headmaster’s Office Stairwell GargoyleLego Harry Potter: Headmaster’s Office Stairwell Gargoyle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Now this is how you do Dumbledore's office. I especially love the golden statue.

 Thanks! Try to make the most from that small space. 

Still waiting to Fawkes from the next CMF. It’ll be perfect.


The current brickbuild Fawkes just too big. Haha

25 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

This looks really good ?

Nice design! And I see my griffin statue and memory cabinet models in there ?

That statue is my design ?, here is a better look:

Lego Harry Potter: Headmaster’s Office Stairwell GargoyleLego Harry Potter: Headmaster’s Office Stairwell Gargoyle

 

Yep, all credit goes to Bugbot20082. I just make it a bit taller. 

Great design. Love it so much that now I need to find a Golden Wing
 

from CMF series 15 to make it become reality ?

Edited by Bluetus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, deskp said:

Depending on what the figure is i might need duplicates.

Here is my plan when i get the new set.  the great hall and tower ready from 2018.

so just adding the rock base to the viaduct entrance and the viaduct itself. Adding one extra level to the astronomy tower.

This is gorgeous! I love it!

On a not-totally-related note, I just got the 2018 Whomping Willow set because I saw the Ravenclaw common room in the Astronomy Tower and decided I need dorms for all four houses in my Hogwarts. (Because it’d just be weird to only have two or three.) Cute little set, bit overpriced but that’s what I get for not getting it on sale and waiting until there was literally only one shop left in the whole city that stocked it.

So on the topic of common rooms, does anyone think we’ll eventually get dorm rooms for Hufflepuff and Slytherin? I could definitely see a Slytherin room, but since Hufflepuff’s common room never actually appeared in the books or movies I feel like I might need to build a custom . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

This is gorgeous! I love it!

On a not-totally-related note, I just got the 2018 Whomping Willow set because I saw the Ravenclaw common room in the Astronomy Tower and decided I need dorms for all four houses in my Hogwarts. (Because it’d just be weird to only have two or three.) Cute little set, bit overpriced but that’s what I get for not getting it on sale and waiting until there was literally only one shop left in the whole city that stocked it.

So on the topic of common rooms, does anyone think we’ll eventually get dorm rooms for Hufflepuff and Slytherin? I could definitely see a Slytherin room, but since Hufflepuff’s common room never actually appeared in the books or movies I feel like I might need to build a custom . . 

If I'm correct Ravenclaw's dorm room also didn't appear in the movies, so I'd say chances aren't that low. If Lego can make a room based on book (which I think they just made based on their own deisgn), they also can design another one from nothing.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If I'm correct Ravenclaw's dorm room also didn't appear in the movies, so I'd say chances aren't that low. If Lego can make a room based on book (which I think they just made based on their own deisgn), they also can design another one from nothing.

I hope so. Hopefully that could also mean more Hufflepuff students - so far each table in my Great Hall has at least three people sitting at it (Ravenclaw currently only has two but that’ll change when I get Luna in the RoR - I got two Chos from the CMF and used one to make a ‘student’ version of Ava from Nexo Knights, and put Credence in Slytherin) except Hufflepuff, which only has Susan and Cedric. Though . . actually I honestly can’t remember any Hufflepuff students other than those two . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

This is gorgeous! I love it!

On a not-totally-related note, I just got the 2018 Whomping Willow set because I saw the Ravenclaw common room in the Astronomy Tower and decided I need dorms for all four houses in my Hogwarts. (Because it’d just be weird to only have two or three.) Cute little set, bit overpriced but that’s what I get for not getting it on sale and waiting until there was literally only one shop left in the whole city that stocked it.

So on the topic of common rooms, does anyone think we’ll eventually get dorm rooms for Hufflepuff and Slytherin? I could definitely see a Slytherin room, but since Hufflepuff’s common room never actually appeared in the books or movies I feel like I might need to build a custom . . 

Hufflepuff's common room is mentioned quite a lot in the book because it's next to the House Elf kitchens. It'd be cool if there was a nod to that in a set if they did make the common room, maybe the picture of the pear that you have to tickle to gain entry (I think that's how you the trio found the House Elves in the book). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! My name is Rosie, and I’m new here

ive been reading for the past few weeks but have only signed up now

ive been collecting the new line and am really enjoying it!

have a great day, thanks for reading!

rosie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rosie99 said:

Hello everyone! My name is Rosie, and I’m new here

ive been reading for the past few weeks but have only signed up now

ive been collecting the new line and am really enjoying it!

have a great day, thanks for reading!

rosie 

Welcome sis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, deskp said:

35 x 70 cm

Thanks :classic:

10 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

This looks really good ?

Nice design! And I see my griffin statue and memory cabinet models in there ?

That statue is my design ?, here is a better look:

 

9 hours ago, Bluetus said:

 Thanks! Try to make the most from that small space. 

Still waiting to Fawkes from the next CMF. It’ll be perfect.


The current brickbuild Fawkes just too big. Haha

Yep, all credit goes to Bugbot20082. I just make it a bit taller. 

Great design. Love it so much that now I need to find a Golden Wing
 

from CMF series 15 to make it become reality ?

Ah awesome, I really like it! Are those wings from the Lego Dimensions Fantastic Beasts story thingy? I've considered getting it, not because I have a system that plays the game, but because it looks like it has some cool ornate parts. Could work well in a Gringotts maybe? Would you say it's worth £10?

81NUl1fKsBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by sammy_zammy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Ah awesome, I really like it! Are those wings from the Lego Dimensions Fantastic Beasts story thingy? I've considered getting it, not because I have a system that plays the game, but because it looks like it has some cool ornate parts. Could work well in a Gringotts maybe? Would you say it's worth £10?

The wings aren't that rare, they appear in 10 sets according to Bricklink and cost somewhere between 8 and 14 cents a piece 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The wings aren't that rare, they appear in 10 sets according to Bricklink and cost somewhere between 8 and 14 cents a piece 

I then realised that lol. Probably not worth bothering then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else think the lack of Magical creatures we get this wave is a bit odd? In the first year we got the Basilisk (althought poorly formed), Fawkes (although also inadequate), and Aragog, which were some big ones. In the second year sets were released we got the stag patronus, the Hunagarian Horntail, Buckbeak, and the winged horses from the carriage set. (We also get dementors in the first and second years of sets, although I’m not sure how much those count as a magical creature). This year  we just get two patronuses (which barely count as a magical creature in my opinion and are more of a function of a spell) and mandrakes (which has it even been confirmed that they are printed in the AT set?). I guess Grawp is technically a giant, oh and I almost forgot about the centaurs. But this year still feels a bit light on magical creatures Idk if anyone else feels this way (I’m also only counting sets not minifig series, in which case in the first minifig series we received a mandrake and Nagini who is technically a magical creature [being an enchanted snake] and this minifig series we know we will be getting Griphook and an updated version of Fawkes, and an updated version of a mandrake. I also dont count the owls in the sets as magical creatures for obvious reasons). I am hoping we at least see the Pygmy Puffs in the Diagon Alley set in some form, as well as other magical creatures this wave!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, m0repotter said:

Does anyone else think the lack of Magical creatures we get this wave is a bit odd? In the first year we got the Basilisk (althought poorly formed), Fawkes (although also inadequate), and Aragog, which were some big ones. In the second year sets were released we got the stag patronus, the Hunagarian Horntail, Buckbeak, and the winged horses from the carriage set. (We also get dementors in the first and second years of sets, although I’m not sure how much those count as a magical creature). This year  we just get two patronuses (which barely count as a magical creature in my opinion and are more of a function of a spell) and mandrakes (which has it even been confirmed that they are printed in the AT set?). I guess Grawp is technically a giant, oh and I almost forgot about the centaurs. But this year still feels a bit light on magical creatures Idk if anyone else feels this way (I’m also only counting sets not minifig series, in which case in the first minifig series we received a mandrake and Nagini who is technically a magical creature [being an enchanted snake] and this minifig series we know we will be getting Griphook and an updated version of Fawkes, and an updated version of a mandrake. I also dont count the owls in the sets as magical creatures for obvious reasons). I am hoping we at least see the Pygmy Puffs in the Diagon Alley set in some form, as well as other magical creatures this wave!

Not me. Grawp and the Centaurs are long requested creatures, and I am so excited for a real Fawkes! I guess the idea of Grawp being a character can knock people back from considering him a creature, but he is really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Does anyone else think the lack of Magical creatures we get this wave is a bit odd? In the first year we got the Basilisk (althought poorly formed), Fawkes (although also inadequate), and Aragog, which were some big ones. In the second year sets were released we got the stag patronus, the Hunagarian Horntail, Buckbeak, and the winged horses from the carriage set. (We also get dementors in the first and second years of sets, although I’m not sure how much those count as a magical creature). This year  we just get two patronuses (which barely count as a magical creature in my opinion and are more of a function of a spell) and mandrakes (which has it even been confirmed that they are printed in the AT set?). I guess Grawp is technically a giant, oh and I almost forgot about the centaurs. But this year still feels a bit light on magical creatures Idk if anyone else feels this way (I’m also only counting sets not minifig series, in which case in the first minifig series we received a mandrake and Nagini who is technically a magical creature [being an enchanted snake] and this minifig series we know we will be getting Griphook and an updated version of Fawkes, and an updated version of a mandrake. I also dont count the owls in the sets as magical creatures for obvious reasons). I am hoping we at least see the Pygmy Puffs in the Diagon Alley set in some form, as well as other magical creatures this wave!

It doesn't really bug me, the only magical creature (off the top of my head) that would also make sense to be included would be a reuse of 2018's Thestral or Arnold (who we don't see for more than a few seconds). I guess a small Thestral feeding set would be cool but I'm we're getting Grawp and the Centaurs so I'm satisfied. I highly doubt the mandrakes in the AT are printed as that would kinda take away from Sprout's accessory in the CMF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also can't forget the Monster Book, it will go really nicely with the Hagrid's Hut scene from POA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It doesn't really bug me, the only magical creature (off the top of my head) that would also make sense to be included would be a reuse of 2018's Thestral or Arnold (who we don't see for more than a few seconds). I guess a small Thestral feeding set would be cool but I'm we're getting Grawp and the Centaurs so I'm satisfied. I highly doubt the mandrakes in the AT are printed as that would kinda take away from Sprout's accessory in the CMF

Agreed, I just think its interesting how the number of magical creatures included wave by wave has gone down a bit. I think its similar to the vehicle ratio in the sets. First year we got the Hogwarts Express, the Flying Car, and Grindlewald’s carriage. Second year we got Knight Bus and Beauxbatons Carriage. This year we only got a repeat, the Flying car. I hope they get back to including more vehicles in future waves. Oh also, I forgot that another “creature” set we’re getting this wave is the Hedwig model, which may have been why they felt they didnt have to focus on creatures as much in these sets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.