Recently the Disney train came out; The train itself wasn't bad by any means, but I felt left a lot to be desired. I've started modifying mine to make it more like the original CK Holliday Steam Engine.  My first goal was to fix the wheels; the original set has both the drive wheels and front bogie spin. The Drive rods didn't really look like much either. So, I would like to present my initial modifications:   Probably the biggest challenge with this was making enough room everything; the original wheelsets had to go; also the wheels i chose here are closer to the original train (Even the tan pins match the original train!)   I had to make the bogie extremely flat. There is just BARELY enough clearance for the pistons; on a standard lego curve, i have maybe half a plate worth of space between the wheel and the tan round piece.    I'm not sure I 100% like how i did the drive rods. I would have much preferred to have something that pumped in and out of the piston, but I  couldn't figure out a way to make it work while also keeping the round bricks.  Speaking of the piston, I couldn't get the original build to work at all, so I initially grabbed some modified red round bricks with the technic axle hole at the bottom; the ones in the most recent Christmas train. This worked, but didn't quite give the right look. To my great surprise, I discovered there were round 2x2 bricks with pin holes in the side. I ordered these, and they do the job; I still dislike the hole in the side however.    The attachment of the pistons to the boiler uses some technic parts to hold everything together. I initially used brick, but it fell off.    lastly, here is a view from the bottom of how the front bogie connects. It's basically the same as the emerald night. I also toyed with the reverse pivot method that Jayhurst recently showed off with his newest Big Boy, but it didn't fit well with what I was doing.          Anyways, this is just a start; I really want to make this more true to the original CK Holliday. Here is a list of things I hope to fix eventually.    The proportions are off; The original train looks longer than this. I want to adjust the train to better fit the proportions of the original.  Redo drive rods and pistons. What I have done works, but I feel it could be done better.  Chrome the necessary parts; The original train has a ton of chrome gold and grey. Dark tan doesn't replace chrome gold very well.  rework the cab; I want to get rid of the giant gaps that are directly open to the drive wheels. I probably should have done this when redoing the drive wheels. redo the Lilly Belle train car. The one in the set looks silly with how short it is. I've ordered the parts, just waiting for them to arrive.  Get some custom CK Holliday stickers.  Add a light somehow. (probably toss an LED in there)   I'm sure I'm not the only one making modifications to this set. I would love to see what everyone else is coming up with, and would also love to see some ideas and suggestions.