Last week I bought said 42082. While building the chassis, I noticed that mechanisms using part 18575 tan bevel gear 20 tooth were working a bit rough. The gears made a rattling sound, and didn't work very well. Well, they worked and did their job, but not how I expected it. I thought I was just being picky and continued on. But the more I used those gears, the more it caught my attention. Until somewhere in the superstructure I decided to compare them to the same gear but form my collection instead of set 42082. I made a simple test setup compare the old and new gear (please note that with old I just mean the same gear but from an older set). And low and behold, the new gear worked very noticeably worse than the old one. The new one made a much harder rattling sound and it turned less smooth. It felt like it was popping into each gear (like a click hinge, but less clicky) instead of turning smoothly. The old one worked perfectly fine. I then decided to break down the superstructure I had so far to replace all the tan bevel gears with older ones from my collection. And the result: everything worked very noticeably better, smoother and less noisy. I find this very peculiar. How is it possible that this batch of gears I received works not as good? They seem exactly the same as all the other ones I have. I was wondering if anyone here who recently (or maybe last year even, as my set is technically a 2018 set I have no idea when it was produced) had similar issues with this gear? I also sent a message to Lego about this btw.