A little treat for everyone for Easter.  I've been working away quietly on my first full-size loco, and just this week I completed it. It's a D800 Class "Warship" diesel-hydraulic loco used by the Western Region of British Railways during the 1960s. My model is of D812 Royal Naval Reserve 1859-1959, one of only two members of the class not to carry the name of a Royal Navy warship (see Prototype Notes below). Although the normal convention for British models is 7-wide, I was forced to build this as an 8-wide model which makes it rather large. On the plus side, this model scales at around 1:42 or 13.5 inches per stud, which brings it very close to UK O Scale. The benefit of this scale is that instead of having to create my own graphics I was able to use the excellent range of O Scale waterslide graphics for all markings, crests and numbering. I was even able to lavish this model with etched nameplates and works plates. As far as possible I have tried to keep everything to scale, and this extends to the bogies. They are a tad long to comfortably traverse standard LEGO curves, but they will go round even though the wheels are partially covered. Purists may be disappointed to see that some LEGO was hurt in this area of the model, but I wasn't going to give up on the sloped sideskirt ends. The uncompromising head-on view shows the use of coloured vinyl to recreate the yellow warning panel and the windscreens. Admittedly the screens should be larger and extend to the roofline, but this is one of those compromises you make when you build with LEGO. Silver window frames have been achieved using a metallic silver Sharpie. This is just a taster of the details of this loco as there is more to reveal in the coming months. Prototype Notes: