jodawill

The Golden Medallion – looking for a Photoshop expert

Hi!

A friend of mine recently gave me a near mint copy of The Golden Medallion. My son almost 3 year old son loves it, but I'm afraid he's going to tear it up if we read it together too much. So I scanned it tonight and I'd like to make a physical copy, but I need some help cleaning up the images before I can print it.

Specifically, these are some of the problems I've noticed:
  • Page 2 has a stain
  • The images are a little crooked; I could have tried to fix this, but I'd like them to be done right, and I didn't want to modify the original images in case any quality was lost in the process
  • The spine caused some minor shading toward the center of some images
  • When the book was printed, the ink faintly bled through to the other side, which stands out a lot in the scans
  • I would like to create a printable PDF of it with the appropriate margins so it can be printed double-sided and be cut down to the appropriate size, and then stapled

I've uploaded low resolution images here for everyone, but if anyone is willing to fix these up, I will send you the full 600 DPI images (over 2GB).

I'd appreciate any help I could get. Enjoy the comic!

I found a graphic designer on Reddit who was interested in the project. He sent over a few pages today, and although he's not done yet, the results are FANTASTIC! Here's a preview of what's to come: https://imgur.com/a/fjwkUri

Hi,

I tried something out on one of your pictures,

here is the link Try out

I don´t know if you like it.

Edited by Servertijd

That looks really good. I do have someone else working on it already though. Someone on Reddit messaged me about it, and he's already made a lot of progress on it.

Here's the first draft he sent me of pages 2-7: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4h4zbriascsycxn/GoldMedallion.zip/file

There are a couple problems with the ones in that link, but it's still a work in progress. :classic:

These scans are fantastic quality!  The graphic designer on Reddit reserve a lot of credit and thank you for sharing! :thumbup:

Yes, he was doing a really great job. Unfortunately, he never finished it and stopped replying to my messages. :cry_sad: I'd be grateful if someone else is willing to finish the project.

9 hours ago, jodawill said:

Yes, he was doing a really great job. Unfortunately, he never finished it and stopped replying to my messages.

He must have discovered it was a larger undertaking than he originally anticipated.

How many pages did he get scanned?

I think 6. He didn't need to do 600dpi, only 300dpi nd its only what, 32 pages to scan and fix lol

I actually scanned the pages myself. If anyone would like to touch them up in Photoshop, let me know and I'll send the images to you.

I think the last guy did about 10 pages, but he didn't completely finish any of them. Really disappointing because he did such a good job.

4 hours ago, jodawill said:

I think the last guy did about 10 pages, but he didn't completely finish any of them. Really disappointing because he did such a good job.

It's unfortunate but since he was offering his services freely we cannot expect too much from him.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:04 PM, Mister Phes said:

It's unfortunate but since he was offering his services freely we cannot expect too much from him.

Yeah, it's just one of those things. I can't really complain because he was doing it voluntarily for free. But it really is a shame he stopped because the previews he sent over were absolutely stunning.