Recommended Posts

There is a new theme coming this year. A teaser pic shows a guy and a girl minifigures looking at their phones

But......

Could it be a ghost hunters theme? Look at the background and the fog.... :pir-skel:

 

Could it be a different take on horror? Something Friday the 13th-ish? 

 

(Can we post the pic here? It seems pics were allowed there but I'm not sure)

 

Edited by Robert8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That background seems promising. Actually so does the look of the girl on the left, notice how her phone has some kind of glowing figure on it? Also that pink hair piece with the beanie is adorable. :purrr:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Robert8 said:

Could it be a ghost hunters theme? Look at the background and the fog.... :pir-skel:

Huh, I first saw this on @Falconfan1414's Instagram, and figured that they were a part of a new subtheme of City build around a promotional tie-in TV show.

But, now that I see this image up closer... :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, I first saw this on @Falconfan1414's Instagram, and figured that they were a part of a new subtheme of City build around a promotional tie-in TV show.

 But, now that I see this image up closer... :shrug_confused:

Same here honestly, though the city show should have at least a Ninjago/Nexo Knights sized season though with 20 episodes that are 11 minutes long

Edited by jhuyser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Could it be a different take on horror? Something Friday the 13th-ish?

Maybe something along the lines of urban legends? Kinda searching through spooky locales for things like Bigfoot, ghosts, etc.? I'm interested either way, we need more in-house themes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

I'm interested either way, we need more in-house themes.

HEAR HEAR!!! :thumbup: :smug:

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Like Goosebumps?

Sounds likely....

...or it's still a subtheme of City, just one inspired after Netflix's Stranger Things:laugh:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks promising, I realy hope it's focused on urban legends/paranormal hunters as the gothic castle in the background seems to indicate. Both headpieces are great, can't wait to make a lot of shady characters with the cap-hood combo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the background, there is a spiky mountain (maybe castle), so the supernatural angle seems likely. However, I have no idea what the phones are for. Trying too hard to be hip, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the aforementioned picture with the two minifigs holding their phones, all i can think of is "Lego goes Pokemon go :D"...Oh, a wild Bulbabrick appears!

But in all seriousness, they look kinda adventureous, like in extreme sports or something along those lines.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm amused by the fact that pretty much any ambiguous new theme information tends to get put in Action Themes until we find out what it actually is.

Personally I plan to wait on more info, because the image there is is hardly enough to go on to even tell if it's a new theme at all, or something different like an app or game of some sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new headgear looks great.  It should be interesting to see what happens with this.  Perhaps an in-house Scooby-Doo type theme.  Maybe something like a modern take on Monster Fighters.  We will have to wait and see...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, apparently there's only going to be three sets, so I do feel like Lego might be testing the waters. 

Also, 20 11-minute episodes are different from what Nexo Knights had, which was 20 22-minute episodes. They'll probably be paired up into ten 22-minute episodes. So, really only half as long as a Nexo Knights series, and the same as a 'standard' Ninjago season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, apparently there's only going to be three sets, so I do feel like Lego might be testing the waters. 

Also, 20 11-minute episodes are different from what Nexo Knights had, which was 20 22-minute episodes. They'll probably be paired up into ten 22-minute episodes. So, really only half as long as a Nexo Knights series, and the same as a 'standard' Ninjago season. 

Lots of great shows follow this format.  Adventure Time is one of the most notable to me, and the 11 minute length is perfectly suited for the storytelling.  I hope that the same can be said here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, apparently there's only going to be three sets, so I do feel like Lego might be testing the waters. 

Also, 20 11-minute episodes are different from what Nexo Knights had, which was 20 22-minute episodes. They'll probably be paired up into ten 22-minute episodes. So, really only half as long as a Nexo Knights series, and the same as a 'standard' Ninjago season. 

Aren't you just referring to that tie-in TV show and subtheme for City? That's what I initially thought this "new theme" was going to be. :shrug_confused:

Quote

Translated from Zusammengebaut:

New LEGO City TV series , 20 episodes, a 11 minutes. Three sets are based on this series:

»LEGO City Fire Service Truck 60231, RRP € 19.99 
» LEGO City 4+ Set Service Station 60232, RRP € 39.99 
»LEGO City Donut Shop Opening 60233, RRP € 79.99, small toy shop, TV team, Police, crane trucks and the Beetle-Rundstein is the donut

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Aren't you just referring to that tie-in TV show and subtheme for City? That's what I initially thought this "new theme" was going to be. :shrug_confused:

 

. . Oh. I saw that on an instagram page and assumed it was concerning this, because since when do City subthemes get TV seasons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

. . Oh. I saw that on an instagram page and assumed it was concerning this, because since when do City subthemes get TV seasons?

Never before I believe, though you could say a previous media tie-in for City theme came in the form of the LEGO City: Undercover videogame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Never before I believe, though you could say a previous media tie-in for City theme came in the form of the LEGO City: Undercover videogame.

I mean, my understanding is that City is still quite popular, so I can see media tie-ins doing pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hot take: This theme is just about like famous young trendy internet vloggers who don't doubt the existence of monsters, but rather they just want to monetize their existence. Also Lego's gonna make an app for this, 100% 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Captain Nemo said:

My hot take: This theme is just about like famous young trendy internet vloggers who don't doubt the existence of monsters, but rather they just want to monetize their existence. Also Lego's gonna make an app for this, 100%

 

Seems about right. Honestly I'd be pretty ok with that since it would still allow for spooky locations and monsters, which I'm all about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm definitely intrigued with this! That picture of two kids have never crossed my mind as the new theme until I saw this thread. Looking forward to see more! And like many or some, I definitely welcome a new in-house/original theme too :laugh:

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really looking forward to any sort of new theme, and a "horror" type theme similar to Monster Fighters (that's what I assume this will compared to) sounds right up my alley! A more kind of "digital" ghost hunting type premise sounds... interesting. I honestly can't predict how they'd pull this off, but if they manage to come up with a cool gimmick (maybe they have a bunch of different monsters and each monster set is in a different looking locale, like swamps, deep forests, abandoned hospitals, and etc) it could be very impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 12:29 PM, Robert8 said:

Yes, there is a ghoulish figure in the girl's phone 

Hmmmm

The boy is also standing in a kayak, so unless they chase Selkies and Kelpies, I doubt it's got anything to do with spooky things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now