Cosmik42

Control all your Powered Up & Power Function (SBrick) devices with a single software

19 hours ago, Cosmik42 said:

Did you custom build this hardware or is it something I can buy? If I can find it, I could add support for it.

It is a simple custom-build I'm working on, nothing fancy (Base-board with a few components, and the Arduino and the H-Bridge as modules, as they are cheaper than buying the chips alone...).

I will publish the design, and if you don't know which side of the soldering iron gets hot - well, we'll solve that, too.

Maybe I'll do a run of 50 or so boards (first level of getting cheaper), and then we'll see how it goes.

On 1/24/2019 at 5:55 PM, Cosmik42 said:

Finally, there is a 1.5s cool-down before another color event can trigger,

Yes, that would explain why one of my ideas didn't work. I thought about putting a line of tiles on the track to identify a number, with another color as a start symbol. Couldn't get it to work. A cooldown period would explain this.

Thanks for the hint!

Just now, treczoks said:

It is a simple custom-build I'm working on, nothing fancy (Base-board with a few components, and the Arduino and the H-Bridge as modules, as they are cheaper than buying the chips alone...).

Sounds very intreresting.

If there are first results please report in a seperate thread (to bookmark) to discuss all the possibilities.

I'm interested in that, too.
Is there a chance to meet you and your hardeware in St.Augustin this year?

Edited by Lok24

Just now, Lok24 said:

If there are first results please report in a seperate thread (to bookmark) to discuss all the possibilities.

Will do!

Just now, Lok24 said:

Is there a chance to meet you and your hardeware in St.Augustin this year?

Nope. I'm not going there anymore.

1 hour ago, treczoks said:

Maybe I'll do a run of 50 or so boards (first level of getting cheaper), and then we'll see how it goes.

Count me in if you do make more!

1 hour ago, treczoks said:
On 1/24/2019 at 5:55 PM, Cosmik42 said:

another color event can trigger,

Yes, that would explain why one of my ideas didn't work. 

Actually, the next version will allow you to set this timer to the value of your choice.

On another subject, @Lok24, can you check if your sensor works in this new version? 

I'm on 0.6. and just testing, but with my C# knowledge it is really hard....

But, yes , with 0.6 both Boost Color and WeD0 2.0 Dist work as expected.

Edited by Lok24

3 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

with 0.6 both Boost Color and WeD0 2.0 Dist work as expected

Awesome. Thanks for checking!

On 1/25/2019 at 4:00 PM, Cosmik42 said:

So adding new hardware is quite simple which is why I am proposing to add BuWizz, WeDo 2.0, but also 4D Brix and maybe yours! 

Not interested in looking at the PFX brick? The offer’s still open to send you a brick/sound/light kit if/when you have time to take a look

9 hours ago, treczoks said:

I will publish the design, and if you don't know which side of the soldering iron gets hot - well, we'll solve that, too.

That sounds really interesting. If you’re serious about potentially doing a small production run, I’d be happy to sign up for 10 or so if the price is reasonable

Edited by ElectroDiva

42 minutes ago, ElectroDiva said:

Not interested in looking at the PFX brick? The offer’s still open to send you a brick/sound/light kit if/when you have time to take a look

Actually, now is a pretty good time! But maybe I can buy it in Europe? They seem to be located in Canada?

Edited by Cosmik42

8 hours ago, Cosmik42 said:

@mawe, this will also help you with what you want to achieve 

this sounds great. It would be awsome to have a property to set the value for the cooldown programmatically. Running fast --> short cooldown, running slow --> bigger cooldown

Hub[0].setCooldown("A",2000); Every illegal number should cause an outputmessage and set it to default.

6 minutes ago, mawe said:
8 hours ago, Cosmik42 said:

@mawe, this will also help you with what you want to achieve 

this sounds great. It would be awsome to have a property to set the value for the cooldown programmatically. Running fast --> short cooldown, running slow --> bigger cooldown

Hub[0].setCooldown("A",2000); Every illegal number should cause an outputmessage and set it to default.

That took me 1 minute :D

Final form is this one: Hub[0].SetSensorCooldown("A", 2000);

Will be available in the next version, hopefuly today!

Edited by Cosmik42

10 hours ago, Cosmik42 said:

Actually, now is a pretty good time! But maybe I can buy it in Europe? They seem to be located in Canada?

Ok great! They only have a store in Canada unfortunately but I’ll send you one of my kits - it’s fine.

PM me your details and I’ll get it sent tommorow.

5 minutes ago, ElectroDiva said:

Ok great! They only have a store in Canada unfortunately but I’ll send you one of my kits - it’s fine.

Thank you so much! I am in touch with them and I am trying to get a sample from them. 
If it doesn't work out, I will gladely accept your offer!

Edited by Cosmik42

19 hours ago, ElectroDiva said:

That sounds really interesting. If you’re serious about potentially doing a small production run, I’d be happy to sign up for 10 or so if the price is reasonable

Patience, patience. I just ordered the motor modules for the prototype, and they will come sometime in February. And I'll use the AFOL Shopping date to buy a bunch of PF LEDs just to butcher them for parts (Cables and LEDs).

I started programming yesterday, the base is there and working. Next step will be the command parser and job executer. They will be done way before I even have the prototype hardware on the table.

Then some odd commands like "L0R>[10:100]@[50:500]" will be possible: "Do with LED 0: Run a ramp from the current brightness to a random value between 10 and 100 (of 255) over a random time between 50 and 500ms, and repeat."

Or "M1R>127@10000;R#@20000;S", which reads "Do with motor 1: Run a ramp from the current speed and direction to half speed forward in 10000ms, keep that speed for 20000ms, and then STOP."

One can do a simple blinking light "L1R255@500;R0@500", which basically blinks the LED 1 on and off for half a second each, infinitely, without further need of action on behalf of the master.

One can ramp up a motor in a certain time, and then let it run forever (i.e. until the next command is sent: "M0R>-128@5000;R#"

You can preset each command with a Job ID between 1 and 32767, and it will reply with status changes: "3:L2R>[10:100]@[500:5000]" might send you a "3:L2R>73@3281" immediately, then a "3:L2R>19@1729" three seconds later, etc. And when one does a "L2S" to switch it off, it will acknowledge the cancel with a "3:L2C". No job ID means that it will run, but it will not talk.

Well, at last this are plans. I hope I can fit the parser and executer in this chip - it is way smaller than the stuff I usually work with, but on the other hand I had jobs done on even smaller chips. My current guesstimate is that it will just about fit.

23 minutes ago, treczoks said:

Patience, patience. I just ordered the motor modules for the prototype, and they will come sometime in February. And I'll use the AFOL Shopping date to buy a bunch of PF LEDs just to butcher them for parts (Cables and LEDs).

Lol - patience was never my strong point. Just excited to see all of this “homebrew” stuff for train automation happening. 

Truly a great time to be a train AFOL

V0.7 is out!

- Programming:
* Plenty of new properties are now available
* You can name sequences
* You can customize distance/color trigger cooldown

- Self-Driving module:
* You can now customize clearing time and 'stop needed ahead' speed
* Add capacity to wait for the next 2 sections to clear
* Allow to run code when next section releases
* Speed Coefficient, to slow or accelerate trains based on battery level.

Hi Vincent,  I'll have a look today, stay tuned!

Perhaps I'll will finish programming and can post a short video of my "test"-layout

2 hours ago, Lok24 said:

Perhaps I'll will finish programming and can post a short video of my "test"-layout

Looking forward to it!

Hi,

it's not quite ok....yet

Clicking on "EDIT" in a sequence shows code, but code window is always in front..

Clicking on "EDIT" in "sensor event" or click ">" to start a sequence both give an error, seems that there is somthing pointig to your local harddisk?

----------------------------------------------------

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
   bei LegoTrainProject.MainBoard.WriteCodeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Cosmik\Dropbox  ..........

1 minute ago, Lok24 said:

Clicking on "EDIT" in a sequence shows code, but code window is always in front..

Actually that was made on purpose, to avoid having more than one opened at a time. But I can revert to what we used to have.

2 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

Clicking on "EDIT" in "sensor event" or click ">" to start a sequence both give an error, seems that there is somthing pointig to your local harddisk?

I don't have this error here. Can you send me your project file or copy paste the full error?

Scratch this - found the bug. Sorry about this!

Hi, having only one window at a time makes it a bit difficult for me to program events and sequences and control the running program.

3 minutes ago, Cosmik42 said:

Fine!

Here is a hot fix: V7.0.1
- Programming:
 * Fix a bug preventing the access of custom code with events.

- Self-Driving module: 
 * Fix a bug preventing the deletion of Paths.
 * Fix a bug with 'Clear 2 Sections' in the Self-Driving Module 

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axyjdb1gaebdcfi/AADJwkedu3jbu7gQYCqwY9Goa?dl=1

11 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

Hi, having only one window at a time makes it a bit difficult for me to program events and sequences and control the running program.

Ok, so wait, I can arrange this quickly and put in V0.7.1

Done. This version now reverts to multi-windows.

Edited by Cosmik42

29 minutes ago, Cosmik42 said:

Yes, much better, but the same still with the ">" Button left to "Edit" in a seqeunce (not sensor event)

Just now, Lok24 said:

Yes, much better, but the same still with the ">" Button left to "Edit" in a seqeunce (not sensor event)

I don't get that. Can you share a project where you have that behavior?