The Tales of Lady Gwenllian 0. Introduction 1. The arrival of Lady Gwenllian aboard the Cedar Serpent 2. Scouting a Site 3. Early Spring in Prenmôr Having received a charter from Queen Ylspeth to build and a license to crenellate, Lady Gwenllian and her small host made plans for a castle and built shelters for the winter.  While temporary, these structures were designed to last several years while the main fortifications were built. The two-story, dirt-floored structures were framed out of timber (garnered by skillful negotiations of Myellan with the local elven tribes of the nearby forest), and the walls were sealed with wattle and daub.  Because of the season of her arrival, it was too late in the year to establish quarries and there was no stone to be had.  The thatched roofing was constructed from local plants and grasses, and a hole was left at the apex of the chimneyless structure to allow smoke from the central firepit to escape. In early spring, as the weather began to warm and the snows melted, the dead grasses began to give way to new growth.  Alis was given the task of caring for the fowl, Chwyd took to sweeping up (having vowed to never voyage by ship again due to his seasickness), and Lady Gwenllian led by example, hefting supplies along with her people. The new Avalonian colors hung proudly over Lady Gwenllian's house.  Over the winter, she and her lady at arms, Seren, had been planning the new fortifications.  Quarries would need to be established, timber would have to be sourced, workers would have to be found, and all with the cooperation of the local elven and human communities in such a manner as to preserve the environment.  Castwyr and Myellan had spent part of the winter getting to know the neighbors of this region.  The winter had not been particularly harsh and Lady Gwenllian felt optimistic about the upcoming spring in her new home, deciding to name her small village Prenmôr, meaning 'refuge' in her native tongue.
  I welcome comments and criticisms, and I especially appreciate specifics--if you like/dislike something, please tell me why, and if you see areas for improvements, I would like to know what I'm missing.  I'm trying to learn how to make my builds better, so any tips or advice is appreciated!