Altar of Cthonic Hades by Ross Fisher, on Flickr Your eminences, As we discussed prior to my departure, I have found that it would be beneficial to send a 'message of intent' to the people of New Terra. As such, I have commissioned the building of a new Altar of Cthonic Hades in the town of Fatu Hiva. I would have liked to build it in marble, but the cost of shipping it here would have been prohibitive. Instead I have been forced to use the local stone, which is passable. The icon is forged from an old spiked cannon, and displays a likeness of the Underlord based upon the icon I brought with me for personal prayer. I had expected to meet more resistance to this project, but the town has seen (and caused) so much death recently that few people voiced any displeasure, and none were willing to obstruct the project. A bowl for offerings has been placed in front of the statue, which should generate some initial funds for the project here. I consecrated the monument with a sacrifice of half a dozen pigs. In time, the gods may see other, larger sacrifices here, and understand our humility. Your humble servant, François Well this was fun. This is my first construction freebuild. It is a small arts and culture building. It's based on other historical altars. These originally started out as just a rocky platform where you could kill an animal. Once you've killed one there, you might as well kill them all in the same place. Keep the blood contained. Doing all the butchery there also makes sense. And then if you're giving a cut to the gods, you'd leave it there. Can't be taking food from the gods. If you were really grateful you'd burn the whole animal to a crisp and leave it there as a holocaust. Eventually, these places got built up and built up with the ashes and bones of dead animals. And then you start getting extra ornamentation, like on the Ara Pacis in Rome, and what started out as just a platform becomes a massive structure, with steps and columns and everything. As our boy François is a priest of Hades, and Fatu Hiva is the start of his journey, and it has seen a lot of death recently, this build seemed like a nice fit for my free small building. Hope you like. Ross