J4ck

BrickHeadz 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Recommended Posts

Since BrickHeadz are really hitting it off this year and with the release of Lego’s fourth cinematic movie next year, you can almost guarantee another year of BrickHeadz.

Which characters are you expecting from TLM2 theme?

What about other themes?

Potentially Overwatch BrickHeadz?...

Edited by J4ck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pertaining to Disney particularly, I could see us possibly getting classic Winnie the Pooh and Mary Poppins sets in early 2019 following the late 2018 theatrical releases of Christopher Robin and Mary Poppins Returns. For tie-in sets related to 2019 Disney movies specifically, Toy Story BrickHeadz are most certainly a given to tie into the fourth installment of the series, while sets based upon the classic animated incarnations of Aladdin and Jasmine could be another possibility to tie into the upcoming live-action remake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is a chance for a few Overwatch Brickheadz. Especially a Tracer and Reaper Brickheadz dual set is what I expect from this theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping that they will release some of the various comic con exclusives like Spiderman, Dr. Strange, Black Panther etc.  out as a regular releases similar to how Boba Fett is coming out later this year.  I understand the exclusivity part and all, but some of those characters are awesome and its a shame that it now costs several hundred dollars on the secondary market to get them.

 

In terms of new sets it would be cool to see some classic animated characters from Looney Toons and also characters from Game of Thrones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, the_Yoyo said:

In terms of new sets it would be cool to see some classic animated characters from Looney Toons and also characters from Game of Thrones

A Bugs Bunny or Road Runner set would be great! :laugh:

Actually it's impossible to get GoT. It's far too violent for Lego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the DC Comics Extended Universe, I believe we'll see at least one BrickHeadz of the titular character for December's Aquaman movie, released a month after the fact much like the initial four sets released in January of this year for Justice League. The same can probably be said for April 2019's Shazam, while November 2019's Wonder Woman 1984 could probably get a dual pack with Diana in her reported new outfit and Kristen Wiig's Cheetah.

9 hours ago, the_Yoyo said:

 In terms of new sets it would be cool to see some classic animated characters from Looney Toons and also characters from Game of Thrones

Besides just being great choices, Looney Tunes and/or Hanna Barbera cartoons would certainly be easy to do for the theme given that they're both Warner Brothers franchises. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Regarding the DC Comics Extended Universe, I believe we'll see at least one BrickHeadz of the titular character for December's Aquaman movie, released a month after the fact much like the initial four sets released in January of this year for Justice League. The same can probably be said for April 2019's Shazam, while November 2019's Wonder Woman 1984 could probably get a dual pack with Diana in her reported new outfit and Kristen Wiig's Cheetah.

Besides just being great choices, Looney Tunes and/or Hanna Barbera cartoons would certainly be easy to do for the theme given that they're both Warner Brothers franchises. :thumbup:

It’s be nice to see Black Manta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides Overwatch, I wonder if the Portal and Sonic the Hedgehog videogame franchises from Dimensions are still of relevance currently. For that matter, I wonder what other franchises from Dimensions are still attainable or usable for the BrickHeadz theme currently. How about E.T. perhaps?

7 hours ago, J4ck said:

It’s be nice to see Black Manta.

Sure, a dual pack with Aquaman could be a possibility, while the most I'd expect from the movie could also be another dual pack with Mera and Ocean Master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking over a new cataloging topic for licenses that @Blondie-Wan has just posted, I saw a few other franchises that may have a shot at getting at least a single set come next year or the following, presuming TLG still has the licenses for some of them:

  • The A-Team
  • Adventure Time
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Beetlejuice
  • Doctor Who
  • Gremlins
  • Knight Rider
  • Powerpuff Girls
  • TRON
  • Voltron
  • The Wizard of Oz

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, number42 said:

A Bugs Bunny or Road Runner set would be great! :laugh:

Actually it's impossible to get GoT. It's far too violent for Lego.

Never thought of it that way, while these are marketed towards kids I felt that Lego did do some sets such as the Back to the Future and the upcoming Ghostbusters more for the adult collectors since its not like today's kids would really know either franchise all that well.  I was thinking more of sets that would be more for the "older" collector.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, the_Yoyo said:

I was thinking more of sets that would be more for the "older" collector.  

I'm sure the older demographic is definitely considered for some of the particular sets, but that shouldn't mean that the theme will ever (and should never) venture towards properties that are technically off-limits for kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, the_Yoyo said:

Never thought of it that way, while these are marketed towards kids I felt that Lego did do some sets such as the Back to the Future and the upcoming Ghostbusters more for the adult collectors since its not like today's kids would really know either franchise all that well.

I hear this a lot, but I think once something is popular enough it can become an evergreen. Does no one take TV / home video / streaming into account? I mean, I knew The Wizard of Oz when I was a kid, even though it came out decades before I was born, and I know there are folks my age who have kids now and who show those kids the stuff they grew up with - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, The Goonies, Big Trouble in Little China, Labyrinth, whatever. I wouldn’t expect a contemporary ten-year-old to have quite the same perspective on these movies, and I know kids in general aren’t going to have the same level of awareness of them that people thirty or forty years older did/do, but I don’t think these properties are completely unknown to all current kids, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I hear this a lot, but I think once something is popular enough it can become an evergreen. Does no one take TV / home video / streaming into account? I mean, I knew The Wizard of Oz when I was a kid, even though it came out decades before I was born, and I know there are folks my age who have kids now and who show those kids the stuff they grew up with - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, The Goonies, Big Trouble in Little China, Labyrinth, whatever. I wouldn’t expect a contemporary ten-year-old to have quite the same perspective on these movies, and I know kids in general aren’t going to have the same level of awareness of them that people thirty or forty years older did/do, but I don’t think these properties are completely unknown to all current kids, either.

Older stuff is shared with the younger kids but they do not attach onto them the same way.  When I tried to show some of the more classic/iconic 80s movies to a younger generation they just weren't impressed whether if it was the special effects (usually the case) or the story itself.  

But with all things when it comes to kids a property like Back to the Future isnt "cool" now or something that is popular for them to talk about at school etc.  So while they may be aware of older movies or shows those products are not going to really sell that well among that demographic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly, but that’s still a jump from them not knowing the franchises well at all. And plenty of kids do still know them, enough for them to sell well to a mix of kids and adults, even if either group on its own couldn’t do it. Ghostbusters or Back to the Future might not be the primary obsession of lots of today’s kids the way they were of kids in the ‘80s, but there’s still a break from that to kids actively disliking those things. Plenty of current kids still enjoy those, even if they don’t put them on the same level they do some contemporary thing.

Moreover, the key thing is that all the things LEGO does are at least somewhat kid-friendly, or at least not entirely kid unfriendly in the way A Game of Thrones would be. LEGO is very conscious of its brand and its family-friendly image, and doesn’t want to do anything to sully that. I think it’s important to them to make sure they don’t put stuff in their stores or on their websites that the average parent wouldn’t want their kid to even see.

Granted I’ve been wrong about this stuff before, and I genuinely didn’t think they’d do some of the things they’ve done already, or have coming soon. But even so, there’s still a jump from James Bond to A Game of Thrones, and I don’t think they want to make that jump. At least, not yet.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont disagree with what you said I am sure though if anyone wanted GoT brickheadz it would be fairly easily to make with the different parts out there and swords being available thanks to the castle/knights line.

I think Lego will always stick to their family friendly themes unless they really hit a snag when it comes to sales, but right now it doesn't appear that way though.  

Back to the original topic of "desired" brickheadz

It would be neat to see Lego venture into getting some anime licenses like Naruto, DragonBall, Pokemon etc.  I've been thinking of trying to build one of Naruto myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Looking over a new cataloging topic for licenses that @Blondie-Wan has just posted, I saw a few other franchises that may have a shot at getting at least a single set come next year or the following, presuming TLG still has the licenses for some of them:

  • The A-Team
  • Adventure Time
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Beetlejuice
  • Doctor Who
  • Gremlins
  • Knight Rider
  • Powerpuff Girls
  • TRON
  • Voltron
  • The Wizard of Oz

I think a fair amount of these have shots at Brickheadz sets. Right now it seems like Lego is aiming them more toward older collectors, who would be more likely to want merchandise from these classic franchises. Beetlejuice and Wizard of Oz are the two that jump out at me as having most potential to become Brickheadz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I think a fair amount of these have shots at Brickheadz sets. Right now it seems like Lego is aiming them more toward older collectors, who would be more likely to want merchandise from these classic franchises. Beetlejuice and Wizard of Oz are the two that jump out at me as having most potential to become Brickheadz.

Right now, come to think of it, a one-off BrickHeadz set of Voltron seems to me to be high possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 3:58 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Right now, come to think of it, a one-off BrickHeadz set of Voltron seems to me to be high possibility.

Good call. Wreck it Ralph Brickheadz maybe? Which year does that come out, this year or next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J4ck said:

Wreck it Ralph Brickheadz maybe? Which year does that come out, this year or next?

The sequel to Wreck-It Ralph is coming out in November of this year, but BrickHeadz tie-ins still could be a possibility for early 2019, given that we did see Justice League BrickHeadz released by Lego after the fact (and that movie was a November release too by the way).

P.S. Here are some custom Ralph and Vanellope BrickHeadz for that matter:

5520447-o_1cg0d055v8qebe41ges1u9o1495e-l

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel wreck it Ralph would be similar to hulk and thanos in terms of size/scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing the Groot and Rocket two-pack, I'm calling it now: Drax will get a Brickheadz next year to finish the original GOTG team. Mantis is also a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think  we might get Toy Story for Toy Story 4 . If we did  get it, I expect Woody and Buzz, but if I had my way, I'd also include Rex, Hamm, Bo Peep. (I know this isn't a wishlist thread, but Rex and Hamm are the third and fourth most popular TS characters...EDIT: And I'm biased, given my avatar.

 

Edited by Modeltrainman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I partly wonder if we may see any classic Jurassic Park BrickHeadz sets. Maybe an oversized Tyranosaurus with either Dr. Alan Grant or Ian Malcolm as a dual pack? :shrug_confused:

50 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

If we did get it, I expect Woody and Buzz, but if I had my way, I'd also include Rex, Hamm, Bo Peep.

Given that Woody and Bo Peep will be the focal point of next year's Toy Story 4, what if we'll end up getting a dual pack with those two while Buzz Lightyear will end up being a single set? :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.