Well guys and gals... I have cracked the HUB (Train part). Thanks to Jorge and other contributors from: https://github.com/JorgePe It seems to be that the HUB is a simplified version of the Boost controller. The train motor acts like a WeDo motor. It is pretty cool, you can detect if a motor exists, if it is pulled out or plugged in. I can also control the LED (11 different settings, one of which is off). Hope in the weekend I'll be able to manufacture an app for it that I'll upload to the Apple store for the people that already have a train available ;) I'll also post the source somewhere on GitHub later on. I'm thinking of making a Playgrounds for it. Only disadvantage is that you need iOS for all of that. But... you could easily modify the stuff by Jorge for python to run at e.g. your Raspberry Pi or maybe even androsomething (no pun intended for @Andromeda of course ;)). I think this will make our train controlling lives a lot more easy especially since we can now also create an app to run a lot of trains using an iPad or something. We could even program options to run motors / controllers in sync. LEGO did nothing to work against us so I really appreciate that!!!  I'll upload a video tomorrow.