Sign in to follow this  
Paul B Technic

MOC - C Model of 42075 - Claw Loader

I would like to present my latest MOC. This is a claw loader C model of set 42075. This has been built using only the pieces from this set.

It features:
- Hand of God (HOG) steering via the knob on the top of the cabin roof.
- Front arm lifting via the black leaver in front of the cabin. This also has a lock to keep it in place. This is required as due to a lack of LA's and no worm gear included, it would not stay in place as it went up.
- Manual claw opening, this uses the shock absorber to close it.

I had built a winch for the rear but this didn't look "right" so I took it off. You can see in the last photo the parts which were left over after I finished this.

I spent about 7 hours over the past few nights building this. 

I had to go back a few times and change parts used as I needed them for another parts of the model. My building process was:
Chassis
Lifting arm
Cabin
Body work

Overall I am happy with how it worked out, it ended up better than I was expecting.

CModel-ClawLoader-42075+%25281%2529.jpg

CModel-ClawLoader-42075+%25282%2529.jpg

CModel-ClawLoader-42075+%25284%2529.jpg

CModel-ClawLoader-42075+%252812%2529.jpg

CModel-ClawLoader-42075+%252815%2529.jpg

More photos here: http://paulstechnic.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/moc-c-model-of-42075-claw-loader.html

based on limited parts number and variety, it's good job because you made something completely different that fire-department jeep :thumbup:

I have taken a different path with this now. This tractor is now the base for a new series of attachments. I am using my second copy of 42075 to build these for the moment.

Edited by Paul B