To Hugo Lavendwood of the Lavendwood Commercial Trading Agricultural and Manufacturing Enterprise Limited, My mission has been a success. As per your instructions I have inquired as opportunity for sugar production at Port Raleigh. I am pleased to report that the fertile land along the  River Queens is perfect for sugar. Using the funds you sent with me I have already bought a suitable piece of land. Further, the colony is experiencing an influx of new settlers so there has been no trouble hiring able workers. In summary the plantation is up and running and can be expected to turn profits in about a month. Your obedient servant, Richard   So this is my first property, establishing the Lavendwood etc. Enterprise Limited operations in the colonies. It will be licenced as a small plantation in Port Raleigh. Sugar plantation Here are some of the workers harvesting sugar canes, Workers others loading barrels with sugar juice, Loading barrels and some keeping the horses happy while waiting to transport the sugar to town. Transport cart Finally, I added a small, improvised sugar mill inside the house as I thought it would be more efficient to produce the juice on sight, but I'm not sure how accurate that would be Small scale mill