"Greetings Captain Fernsby, my name is Captain Abbot, this is Mr. Bardsley representative of the ETTC and this is Lieutenant Downer of the Royal Engineers. Apologies for the quick introductions but if you will please follow me, we have much to discuss before our departure in the morning." 1 Month Later One month had passed and still the expedition had not begun, instead the men enjoyed an unexpected break and the officers dined finely every night. It seemed the only ones not enjoying themselves were the scientists. The lead scientist, Reuben Robertson decided it was time to take action. He and his colleagues had invested heavily in this expedition and were anxious to depart so they could begin their studies. He barged in to the Officers tent and demanded to Captain Fernsby. "Captain, we have been sat idle on this beach for over a month and not an ounce of scientific progress has been made, I demand to know why we have been delayed this long!". Captain Fernsby sighed heavily. "Well my good sir, we are awaiting the arrival of a shipment of gunpowder and a diplomat, one that could perhaps save your life in the near future. Should you wish we can depart tomorrow however I will have you know that elements of the Mokolei nation have indeed acted in an aggressive manner towards citizens of Corrington in the past. So unless you for some god forsaken reason lack the will to live, I would recommend you stay here and only depart once the appropriate supplies and personnel have arrived." Reuben, somewhat shaken by the Captains stern response simply replied. "So what would you have us do in the meantime, my colleagues are no longer content just sitting on a beach." "Well my scouts report sighting a small village nearby, should you wish you may take a small party of men and greet the locals tomorrow." Captain Fernsby said in reply. "And how long ago were you informed of this." Replied Reuben. "Well about a day after we arrived." Replied Captain Fernsby. "So why wasn't I informed." Demanded Reuben, clearly annoyed. Captain Fernsby smiled, "You didn't ask." and with that Reuben stormed out of the tent.   Some time later after the ETTC representative and his wife had left Captain Abbot stood up and addressed the table. "Gentlemen, as of the past few weeks Lieutenant Downer and I have been discussing something that I think you will find rather interesting. The establishment of a fraternity that caters to the needs of military officers, the Royal Society of Military Sciences. I would like to take this opportunity to extend to you an invitation into the society so that you may become, along with myself and Lieutenant Downer founding members."  Lieutenant Williams was the first to reply "May I ask what sort of activities exactly would the members of this society engage in?" "Well Lieutenant." began Captain Abbot "They would discuss military tactics, study historical battles, the more academically inclined members may even invent new technologies that have innovative military applications and of course they would drink to their hearts content" "An interesting concept for sure, consider me in." Replied Captain Fernsby. "Aye and me too." Said Lieutenant Miller. "Well, I suppose me too." Said Lieutenant Williams. "Fabulous." Replied Captain Abbot. "We will discuss the finer details at a later date."   The Next Morning   Reuben and his company had departed at sunrise for there was much to cover in the day, with him he to took a few choice scientists and a platoon of Royal army soldiers. After many hours of studying the town and it's inhabitants sunset loomed.   As Sergeant Doyle marched his men back to camp he noticed something rather peculiar, a scientist kneeling on a nearby bench observing something through a magnifying glass. Always one to learn knew things he approached the scientist to ask what exactly he was doing.  "And what would you be doing good sir." Asked Sergeant Doyle. Somewhat annoyed the scientist began to reply. "I'm making discoveries in the name of...ahh you would never understand." The sergeant exasperated by the scientists aggressive attitude simply replied. "Oh, I beg to differ." Before pushing him into the water. As the sergeant began to walk off in an attempt to catch up with the rest of the party he was suddenly approached by a woman whom he had previously never met. He called out to the party ahead. "Sir, if you need me I will be errrrr making new discoveries in the name of errrrr science in that building over there." The Lieutenant raised an eyebrow. "You will be making discoveries in the name of science in the brothel?" "Errrr yes." replied sergeant Doyle.   "Very well then Sergeant, you will rendezvous with us back at camp in the morning." Replied the Lieutenant. "Yes sir." And with that he was off.   "You are just going to let him do that?" asked Reuben. "These men haven't had good company in over two months Mr. Robertson, I'm sure punishment can wait until the morning." Replied the Lieutenant.