Esteemed colleagues of the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy, It has been my privilege to spend the last few months in the majestic city of Myzectlan on the Isle of Cascadia. There is much here to interest the society, and indeed I have been able to devote some of my time to a study of the large feline species for which the island is known. I have attached some sketches with some preliminary notes for your review. I have identified what I believe are three unique species of cat, although I suspect that two are probably the same species, or at least a sub-species. Further study will be required on this point. I will begin with the two cats that I believe are endemic to the region. Firstly, there is the jaguar. This species is similar to the leopard of the old world, although the examples I have sighted appear larger and heavier and their behavioural and habitat characteristics more closely resemble those of the tigers found in the Mokolei Empire. Next is the panther, which like the panthers of the old world I suspect to actually be jaguars born without the distinctive spotted patterns and to have a uniform black coat.  Lastly is the rarest but perhaps most interesting of the big cats, the tiger. Larger and more aggressive than the native jaguars and panthers, Myzec legend says this cat is not endemic to the island, but was introduced by traders from the west at the height of the feline cult that was perhaps ultimately responsible for the decline of their civilisation. I strongly suspect the examples I have seen are indeed introduced species, probably introduced from the Mokolei Empire hundreds of years ago. This theory if proven would indicate the Myzec parent civilisation were strong sailors and traders, and that contact between the New World and old pre-dated recent discoveries. ------------------------------------ Full MOCs: I had a heap of BoBS stuff I was meant to build on the weekend, but instead got distracted with something a bit different. I've been wanting to show off my cats, and as Dirk is about to leave Cascadia, decided that if he was ever going to produce a scientific paper, now should probably be the time! Enjoy!