darkhorse00

[MOC] 1955 Ford Thunderbird (First Generation)

Inspired by the modular Fire brigade Fire engine and modification to the Palace Cinema Limousine, I have gotten another idea to build a simple vehicle for the Parisian Restaurant modular theme. Sharing my 6 studs wide build - 1955 Ford Thunderbird Convertible (First Generation).

MOC Volkswagon Beetle Type 1 for Pet Shop: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/141253-moc-volkswagon-beetle-type-1/

MOD Limousine for Palace Cinema: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/121161-moc-1938-cadillac-v16-convertible/

MOC A4 Checker Cab for Cafe corner: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/123511-moc-1950-a4-checker-cab/

30861623021_1e622aa90a_z.jpg

30913623326_ffd178317e_z.jpg

22771083928_b05661809a_z.jpg

30913623956_18569b8186_z.jpg

Edited by darkhorse00

7 hours ago, badchriss said:

Oh that T-Bird looks lovely.I think i have to "steal" your Idea....and turn it into a T-Bird Hovercar :D

Thanks for the likes. Yes. feel free to use it. :) Looking forward to see your hovercar!

6 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

Really nice.

Thanks for the likes!

Great model.   I especially like the tooth pieces for the lights.  buon idea.

It would be great if TLG gave us a 6x lower height windscreen some day.. while i'm still alive.

Edited by Sven F

Very well done, like it - all of them!

Your oldtimers go fantastically well with the modulars. Nice pictures.

Maybe we will see more cars? 

Love the way you made the ends flare up a little bit, nice idea by using that part! :laugh::thumbup:

On 11/21/2016 at 3:53 AM, Sven F said:

Great model.   I especially like the tooth pieces for the lights.  buon idea.

It would be great if TLG gave us a 6x lower height windscreen some day.. while i'm still alive.

Thank you! With Lego creating more new parts every year, I am sure we will have more different parts for our MOCs. :)

On 11/22/2016 at 8:51 PM, Zork said:

Very well done, like it - all of them!

Your oldtimers go fantastically well with the modulars. Nice pictures.

Maybe we will see more cars? 

Thank you for the likes! Yes. I reckon the modulars are set in the 1930s-1960s?? More vintage cars will come. :) Will be building each for every one of the modulars.

19 hours ago, -zenn said:

Love the way you made the ends flare up a little bit, nice idea by using that part! :laugh::thumbup:

Thank you! Always finding ideas to build more with the newer parts.

19 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

I love that car design :wub:, as close to perfect as possible in Lego.......Brick On 'darkhorse00' ! :grin:

Thank you for the encouraging comments! Keep on building there!

1 hour ago, jonny101abc said:

nice

Thank you!

Edited by darkhorse00

5 hours ago, bricksnator said:

Awesome model. Simple yet effective. What tires and hubs are those?

Thank you! There you go.

1) 56903 White Wheel 18mm D. x 8mm with Fake Bolts and Shallow Spokes and Axle Hole 

2) 61254 Tire 23mm D. x 7mm Offset Tread - Band Around Center of Tread 

If you are planning to attached a chrome 2 x 2 dish to the wheel, I use this part to attach as inserts to the white wheel rim:

61184 Technic, Pin 1/2 with 2L Bar Extension (Flick Missile) 

Brilliant. I do love it. I should try my hand at some vintage cars because I agree about the era the modulars are set in and they need something to go with them.

P. S. a 1955 T-bird is one of my favorite cars. I never would have thought to try one out in LEGO format, let alone minifigure scale.

Keep up the great work!

On 11/25/2016 at 1:14 AM, snaillad said:

Very nice, I especially like the use of the tooth piece for the lights!

On 11/25/2016 at 3:42 AM, TheLegoDr said:

Brilliant. I do love it. I should try my hand at some vintage cars because I agree about the era the modulars are set in and they need something to go with them.

P. S. a 1955 T-bird is one of my favorite cars. I never would have thought to try one out in LEGO format, let alone minifigure scale.

Keep up the great work!

Thank you for the likes!

22 hours ago, Svendp said:

I love it

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Pate-keetongu said:

Excellent car, sleek and classy. Very good six-wide. Nice use of new-ish tooth pieces.

Thank you for the nice comments.

Very nice. :thumbup: The use of the tooth parts really solves a problem here - this won't go unnoticed, I guess. The overall design is very appealing. Plus it somehow meets the style of the modular buildings though I can't quite tell the reason for that. 

Some thoughts:

• Maybe the hood could use one more stud in length. If you look at the original car you'll see that the windscreen is far behind the front wheel well whereas on your model there's only a short distance between them. 
  • If I'm correct the car is a bit wider that 7 studs at the rear, whereas it's 6 studs wide at the front. By making it completely 7w you'd have the opportunity to considerably set down the windscreen which would make the overall look of the car much lower. However, this would require quite a few structural changements.
  • This car - if any - needs proper whitewalls! :wink:

Anyway, great job on the model. There aren't that many good-looking Lego T-Birds at this scale around.

Do you have directions for that?  My grandpa has a '55 black T-Bird and I want to build one of these for him.  If you don't, that's fine. I just am having a hard time starting from scratch.

Thanx!

Cobalt

Because I think builders appreciate it when people notice the tiny thoughtful things:

Good job using that white rail plate to simulate the little grills/vents on the side. Maybe it would look more accurate using a light bluish one though?