Trying something new here, join in and show your support! Though I am a proponent of functional cloth sails myself I am still fascinated and often impressed my brick-built sails on Lego ships. For a static model, it’s often a superior way to capture action or suggest motion while maintaining Lego purity in a MOC. Unlike most everything else about Lego ship building though there is little to no convention on the matter. We even give names to the different hull building techniques, write tutorials on cloth sail making and keep indices to categorize all the different ships and elements. So my intent here is to start a discussion and gather examples with which to create that convention for ourselves and encourage the pursuit in future builds. To start things off I’m going to reference two museum displays which, sadly, are no more, but have very impressive sails. I shared this Schooner some time ago and was informed in the original topic that it was no longer there. These are some of the best I’ve personally seen, with very realistic bolster and bellies. The more impressive thing is that it appears to be using all Lego elements to support all that. I stumbled across this carrack the other night and it too was part of a museum's display, but the Canadian Science and Technology Museum has sadly closed its doors. The hull here is rather impressive in its own right but the sails here are very convincing. Form the one image I can find I can’t tell what the masts are made of. LEGO® Ferdinand Magellan by Canada Science and Technology Museum, on Flickr It looks like that same schooner came from or wound up in the same display. Both of my examples here raise the question: can an all Lego rig support all Lego sails? What do you all think? Go ahead and add your own examples. If anyone knows the creator’s of these MOCs, please get us in contact with them or at least make them aware of this post. We’d love to have their input on the discussion.