GBC # 4 BY DOUG (WIP) VERTICAL LIFT To link with my # 3 GBC I decided on a vertical lift based on the Aklyuki / Blakbird designs but with only one lift carriage. Progress to date: Vertical structure built with a single lift carriage with automatic unloading device. Drive to the lift cord is by hand at present with friction drive via the double white 24T gears. Next step is to design an auto loading similar to that I used on my incline ramp lift, which can be adjusted to load 1, 2 or 3 balls each time. The ball carriage has a slope to ensure balls stay in place as carriage rises. Vertical Lift Structure with ball carriage:_ IMG_3689 by Doug Ridgway, on Flickr Undecided at present how to power this so I have made up three possible mechanisms all driven by M motors and all built using 5L X 7L or 5L x 11L frames for a rigidity. See image: 1/. Powered change over via worm / 24T gear & crank operated c/o lever. 2/. Sliding Axle change over (Based on an old Meccano design for a Transporter Bridge)) Very simple but need to ensure the various gears and cams stay in correct place on the long drive axle. Red 8T and White 24T clutch gears used to allow axle to slide. Change over to be operated by cranks tripped by the ball carriage at top and bottom of travel. 3/. A smaller version of the Aklyuki GBC with instructions by Blackbird. Axle is riased and lowered by trip levers with a simple snap over device and a smaller dwell device (not shown) Drive speed to lift cord can be varied as desired for optimum cycling speed. The three possible drive mechanisms: IMG_3690 by Doug Ridgway, on Flickr Each one will be tried in turn to find the most reliable drive unit.