Ahoy mateys, A ship - who would have guessed?! Presenting: The 'Scimitar' The Scimitar is a rather unusual sight in the waters of New Terra. She is what most people these days would call a Xebec – a ship type clearly not common to the shipwrights of the Madrice Peninsula. And she wasn't built in Oleon. In fact, her true origins lie to the far south. She was bought by the Royal Shipyards from merchantmen who traded in Granoleon. Merchantmen from the Mokolei Empire, where expertly crafted Xebecs are used vastly as warships as well as traders. The Royal Shipyards were impressed by the Scimitar's cargo capacity, but astonished by her protective capacities. Arming a fast trade ship that heavily is something not very common outside the Rogian Sea, where pirates are a constant menace to merchant ships. But with the ever increasing trade volume here, more pirates are likely to try finding opportunities to prey on unprotected traders in the Eastern Brick Seas, also. So what better opportunity to learn new concepts and adapt to the new times than to buy a veteran ship, that excelled under such conditions. The Xebec design is now being studied extensively by the Royal Shipyards' master shipwrights, and the Scimitar has been given Oleander colors. Now she is ready to sail under her new flag. And - as always - IFS shaming about: This one was a tough one to build. Building the angled poop deck, and attaching it to the rest of the ship - without gravity and the magic capabilities of the opposable thumb - was, well... difficult. So was designing the latin yardarms (or what they are called) Credits for the 'eye' design go to Dunkleosteus. Some numbers: She's 92 studs long at the waterline, length overall is 135, and she is 23 studs wide. She's also my first ship to feature completely snoted decks. For now her intended class is a 5F, but I armed her a bit heavier than the average 5F, so that might change with the new ship list. I hope you like her, C&C welcome! Vive le Roi!