Sign in to follow this  
CelesAurivern

[COR-FB4] Merryweather Lumberjacks (Port Raleigh)

Merryweather Lumberjacks, Woodworks and Carpentry

Established in 616 AE, our company is a pioneer in the woodwork industry of Port Raleigh.

Looking to build a fort, a bridge or just a plain old trebuchet?

Come to us for all your woodworking and carpentry needs! (We're the only ones in the business)

Our satisfied customers include:

The Corrington Royal Army

Jobseekers may walk-in for an interview from Monday to Friday, during operating hours.

Merryweather Lumberjacks, Woodworks and Carpentry LLP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Emporium Holdings Consortium.

Our lumberjacks hard at work clearing land and harvesting timber for the expansion of Port Raleigh.

Lumberjacks000.jpg

Haha ! Great !

Someone else is helping me to cut this jungle in Berelli ! ;p

According to the Ténotclaxcans it's not a good idea, though, what could the forest do against good lumberjacks and plantations ?

Good build and nice jungle feel.

Perhaps the soil needs some extra texturing but the foliage is great.

Oh and I approve !

Edited by Faladrin

Very nice build CA, the collapsed timber looks good (especially the work with the leaves pirate_wink.gifpir_laugh2.gif), and the foliage in the background is excellent as well! :thumbup: I would suggest putting some tan wood where the ax was hitting the tree to spice it up a bit, and maybe some more texture in the foreground. Oh, and avoid those apple trees, unless you what Felipe de la Manzana going and blowing your settlement to pieces some fine day! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_satisfied.gifpirate_tong.gif

Very nice to see industry kicking off on Annetta! I like the felling look you have going.

Nice build! Once again I have been beaten to one of my planned builds... pirate_laugh_new.gif

I suspect that we will have multiple takes on many different industries, because that is the nature of the game.

I suspect that we will have multiple takes on many different industries, because that is the nature of the game.

Yeah I know, I should have said that Merryweather Lumberjacks is going to have some competition from Coyle Timber Company... pirate_laugh_new.gif

Nice build! I especially like the way the fallen tree is portrayed. I too would like the use of some tan in some spots the axe hit the tree and some texture at the ground. But overall i like it very much as it features everyday activities of the colonists and merely the thought of mocing such activity is genious.

P.S: Don't forget to burn the trunks if you don't want them to grow again!!

Good depiction of a vital industry. The felled tree and undergrowth look good. The foreground seems a little bare; I suppose we can assume the workers either cleared it or trampled it down so they could work. But I do think some variation of the terrain would improve the scene. Still, it's a nice layout.

I approve. :thumbup:

Yeah I know, I should have said that Merryweather Lumberjacks is going to have some competition from Coyle Timber Company... pirate_laugh_new.gif

Indeed, more competition is welcome, since we need to grow in size.

Our good friends up north already have a good head start.

Great scene! Lovely posing of figures and felled tree, and amusing caption. My next build will be an industrial scene for Port Raleigh, I was going to include timber but now will stick to glass and stone and buy the timber from Merryweather; you will soon be able to add to your list of customers 'John Hawksbrugh, architect'.