Hello fellow Technic friends. I would like to show you my newest creation. It all started when I received the Lego speed champions set 75899. I have not had much exposure to the system way of building since I was playing with Lego in the late 80's, and was pleasantly surprised to find it a fun experience. Having stuck to Technic since my return from the Dark age, I am much more interested in the mechanics of Lego sets. With that in mind I wanted to mix the two together. This is my first attempt at what I suppose would be a model team approach to building. I don't know why I like monster trucks so much.... But they have always held a fascination for me. My model has the main Technic functions you would expect from a car, Working 4 wheel steering via HOG.
Suspension on all wheels.
My main goal was the body work. It is not modeled on any 'real life car' but I wanted to create a nice clean shape. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out and the chassis is a good base for other body 'modding' My next project is to see if I can fit a detailed interior. But fiddly detail is not my strong point! The Technic part of the model is nice and compact with a width of 9 studs (not including the wheels) and a length of 19 studs. There is a lot of half stud offset work that enabled the build to incorporate these steering parts, And I'm pretty happy with the way the suspension and steering worked out, it took me a long time to get it as small as I wanted. If anyone is interested I can upload the LDD file. Thanks for looking. As always, comments and constructive criticism welcome. Here's some pictures... EDIT. Here's the LDD. I hope the link works. http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/oliveralder/Mini-Monster-1/mini_monster-3.lxf