Hey all,

I have been working on an MAN SL202 in the Redbus NZ paint scheme:

redbus669.jpg

This model has full suspension including an auto-kneeling function where when the front door is opened the front left air suspension is lowered.

I have built most of the chassis and the front and rear suspension, but as you will see the front suspension needs a complete overhaul due to steering problems.

Time to stop rambling on and give you some images :wink:

640x480.jpg

Air hoses are for the kneeling.

640x480.jpg

Rear view.

640x480.jpg

Front view of front suspension, not the left side wheel is over-rotating when steering and causes the wheel to lock at a right angle to the chassis and stopping forward movement.

640x480.jpg

When it is able to drive the steering is at a bad angle when straight and this causes a large amount of resistance. When the steering is turned the geometry is way off and causes major sledging and resistance.

640x480.jpg

The front axle when kneeling.

640x480.jpg

The pump and RC switch for the suspension lowering and raising.

640x480.jpg

Rear suspension design.

640x480.jpg

Rear suspension's range of movement.

640x480.jpg

Chassis view.

So as you can see the project is coming along nicely but the front axle suspension needs a complete overhaul so any designs that work well would be greatly appreciated :classic:

These photos and more can be found in a bigger size on my Bricksafe: http://bricksafe.com/pages/Kiwi_Builder/Technic.

You've got some nice progress going! I always have problems making front axles, they are so annoying to build. Is that chassis sturdy enough? I feel it could use some reinforcing. From what I see, you used vertical beams to hold the top and bottom, but I think it would be better to use L beams or 4 long L beams. Keep up the good work!

Is that chassis sturdy enough? I feel it could use some reinforcing. From what I see, you used vertical beams to hold the top and bottom, but I think it would be better to use L beams or 4 long L beams. Keep up the good work!

Yeah I need to reinforce the chassis but I am using L beams between the top and bottom.