darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

"Allow" which part? The ghost minifig? (religious implication?)

Just the whole 'Ghost' dead person thing.

Same with the Jedi Temple, makes me think of dead younglings. Not the sort of thing LEGO would do!

Just the whole 'Ghost' dead person thing.

Same with the Jedi Temple, makes me think of dead younglings. Not the sort of thing LEGO would do!

You're joking right. Lego's made zombies, vampires, and ghosts.

There are tons of things Lego could do with a Jedi Temple. It's not like the only that happened there was youngling death.

There are tons of things Lego could do with a Jedi Temple. It's not like the only that happened there was youngling death.

Agree they have but have they ever made a living version of a zombie or ghost. Obi Wan is a well known character and I just dont think Lego would envisage kids playing with the dead version of him.

I asked my mate who works for Lego here in the UK and he said the Jedi Temple is very unlikely. Slave 1 UCS is a certainty though.

Edited by Darth Mallet

Agree they have but have they ever made a living version of a zombie or ghost. Obi Wan is a well known character and I just dont think Lego would envisage kids playing with the dead version of him.

I asked my mate who works for Lego here in the UK and he said the Jedi Temple is very unlikely. Slave 1 UCS is a certainty though.

I don't know... some kids may enjoy the playability of having an Obi-Wan ghost. The ghost of Obi-wan also played an essential role in Luke Skywalker becoming a jedi, and appeared in all three OT episodes. I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

You honestly believe that Disney would have a set put out that is connected with a child massacre? It's was always unlikely TLG would touch a set like that before and now that Disney owns the license you can pretty much forget about . It's absurd to equate zombies and vampires with killing children.

You honestly believe that Disney would have a set put out that is connected with a child massacre? It's was always unlikely TLG would touch a set like that before and now that Disney owns the license you can pretty much forget about . It's absurd to equate zombies and vampires with killing children.

well, it doesn't have to be based on that scene. It could be based on TPM where they interview ani in the council. (Not that I endorse that in any way, just throwing out ideas.)

OR the numerous CW events like cad bane breaking into the temple, Anakin fighting bariss, the temple being bombed, they could even combine the final duel from sacrifice and add CW palpatine and maybe even an exclusive jedi master Dooku as seen in clone wars penultimate episode destiny.They could do It like the CW equivalent of the death star and include many different characters and rooms/features to represent different scenarios in CW. They could have yoda's escape from voices and include his Starfighter they could make up a scenario where droids attack heck they could even throw in the zillo beast attacking the temple rather than the senate. A CW temple: endless possibilities.

Edited by legofreak86

well, it doesn't have to be based on that scene. It could be based on TPM where they interview ani in the council. (Not that I endorse that in any way, just throwing out ideas.)

It doesn't really matter what they base it on, it's still been tainted. A company as protective of its brand like Disney is not going to risk having competitors attack them or parent groups protesting them for such a poor decision. The risk is so much greater than the reward, a reward which in itself it not even guaranteed. If you thought there was a stink about Jabbas palace, I can only imagine what it would be like for a Jedi temple.

These are global brands we are talking about, that serve a wide range of cultures and beliefs. Just because someone here, or all, may not object to something does not mean someone on the opposite side of the world will not. That's Disney and TLG's perspective, because they want to sell to everyone in the world, not just a limited market.

It doesn't really matter what they base it on, it's still been tainted. A company as protective of its brand like Disney is not going to risk having competitors attack them or parent groups protesting them for such a poor decision. The risk is so much greater than the reward, a reward which in itself it not even guaranteed. If you thought there was a stink about Jabbas palace, I can only imagine what it would be like for a Jedi temple.

These are global brands we are talking about, that serve a wide range of cultures and beliefs. Just because someone here, or all, may not object to something does not mean someone on the opposite side of the world will not. That's Disney and TLG's perspective, because they want to sell to everyone in the world, not just a limited market.

You delivered my point so much better than me. All of what you say is the message I was trying to get across. I think if a Jedi Temple was a viable option then we would of had it already, its just too risky for TLG. Even more so after the fall out regarding the Jabba's palace set.

That whole Jabba's Palace thing was ridiculous.

Where were the complaints from religious groups when ROTJ first hit theater screens in 1983?

People are stupid.

That whole Jabba's Palace thing was ridiculous.

Where were the complaints from religious groups when ROTJ first hit theater screens in 1983?

People are stupid.

What happend with Jabba's Palace?

Some overreacting people believed the 2012 Lego set bared a passing resemblance to a mosque. Clearly they did not consider this in 1983 nor make a fuss to Lucas film or ralph mcquarrie.

Just a lot of fuss over something quite trivial really. Nothing to concern yourself with. Just someone somehow being offended by a trivial resemblance in a Lego set based on a 30 year old sci fi film. Attention seeking plain and simple: http://www.telegraph...r-Wars-set.html

Edited by legofreak86

It doesn't really matter what they base it on, it's still been tainted. A company as protective of its brand like Disney is not going to risk having competitors attack them or parent groups protesting them for such a poor decision.

I was going to disagree with you, but then I thought about the controversy that Jabba's Palace received. So unless there's a specific story focus (other than the Younglings) and it's not just a "dollhouse," then I'm sure some group will find something to be angry about.

Some overreacting people believed the 2012 Lego set bared a passing resemblance to a mosque. Clearly they did not consider this in 1983 nor make a fuss to Lucas film or ralph mcquarrie.

Just a lot of fuss over something quite trivial really. Nothing to concern yourself with. Just someone somehow being offended by a trivial resemblance in a Lego set based on a 30 year old sci fi film. Attention seeking plain and simple: http://www.telegraph...r-Wars-set.html

Oh yea, I remember reading about that now. But thanks anyway. :classic:

We'll be getting a new Palpatine in the microfighters range. I presume with a micro imperial shuttle.

This is the torso - note the tan hands... I am hoping for a new tan head to go with it.

WP_000343_zpsdf92db00.jpg

Glad we're getting an updated Palpatine in the near future.

I hope the next wave of microfighters also gives us something related to Naboo (some security guards or royal guards in a Flash Speeder would be great!) as well as an updated ANH Leia. Its disapointing that she isn't included in any of this year's sets and her costume is long overdue for a redesign.

A Jedi Temple would be difficult to design, lego struggles with capturing large buildings as can be seen in LOTR/Hobbit themes. I would love to see the Jedi Sentinels and some exclusive Masters, maybe Cin Drallig or Jucasta Nu. I wouldn't mind some updated Jedi like Fisto or Aayla Secura or Shaak Ti either.

I'm kinda hopping for a set, that will have a new version of the rebel Fleet trooper with a new helmet mod, so it includes some of the detail. Along with some new printing like pouches and such.

Maybe in a set like set #7754.

This is my first post on Eurobricks, although I've been following this forum for a while. In terms of wish lists, I would like to see:

System-Scale Sets:

2-Seater Y-Wing for RotJ (2 Gray Squadron pilots and droid)

RotJ Millenium Falcon (Nien Numb, Lando, Navigator and Airen Cracken)

Cloud City

TIE Bomber

TIE Intercepter

Cloud Car (Pilot)

UCS:

A-Wing

Promotional Figures:

The X-Wing lady that was cut from RotJ. She has a unique helmet design and I guarantee that a female X-Wing pilot would be eaten up by fans.

Wait, what cut X-wing lady? Never heard of this!

I thought she was an A Wing pilot? And didn't we get a fog of her in the recent A Wing?

Promotional Figures:

The X-Wing lady that was cut from RotJ. She has a unique helmet design and I guarantee that a female X-Wing pilot would be eaten up by fans.

Wait, what cut X-wing lady? Never heard of this!

I thought she was an A Wing pilot? And didn't we get a fog of her in the recent A Wing?

There has actually been 3 female pilots (not including Celia Imrie - don't know if the character has a name - in Phantom Menace)

star-wars-return-jedi-dubbed-female-pilot-570x361.jpg

As mentioned above, the A-Wing pilot that DID appear, but got dubbed with a male voice.

And two others that just didn't make it at all, one older (possibly a-wing as well?) and one younger who is definately an x wing pilot

star-wars-return-jedi-old-female-pilot-570x361.jpg

star-wars-return-jedi-x-wing-female-pilot.jpg

I hope we get a redesign of cloud city. A tie bomber would also be a great set. The A-wing female pilot that kaitan showed us in the first picture - was that the one that destroyed the super star destroyer?

I am hoping that we see a Stormtrooper and Deathstar Trooper Battlepack next year, since it would be nice to get more of both of those figures which appear in the Imperial Star Destroyer this year.