With all the discussion going on about what the Castle Eras and Factions were, I decided to review the sets to date and come up with an overall summary of the Castle line. Here is the result. This is intended to be a broad overview of the Lego Castle line for general use. Here are my key considerations: 1. This is meant to follow Lego's intent in terms of Faction names, or most logical Faction names and Era names. Where possible, I use the names that Lego provided. Where necessary, I try to provide approximate names for factions (i.e. Bull Knights). 2. This is meant to be as straightforward and as easy to follow as possible, so I do not use the KKII offical Faction/Character names, I assume the lionhead shields are all Leo, and the Classic Full Lion and Crossed Axe Soliders are both Crusaders, as they were used interchangeably for the same faction in Lego sets. 3. This is strictly Castle, not Viking, not Lord of the Rings, and not CMF (although I'm considering factoring that in somehow) 4. I have tried to group similar or recurring factions into one large group for simplicity (i.e. Dragon Masters were just an expansion on the Dragon Knights as their crest is the same with different coloring.) 5. I only count years where significant Castle sets were released (typically a $50 set at least, with the exception of the Camoflauged Outpost in 1987). 6. I tried in my initial summary not to create my own Eras or subsets (like splitting up Kingdoms into the 2 separate Eras) but this will come later. Above all, this is meant to be a quick reference document that anyone even slightly familiar with Castle can understand and use.