I could see the storyline revolving around a "putting gender differences aside" concept instead, since it looks like Finn's sister has perhaps kept her collection of Lego separate from the basement setup. Also, I guess this explains the detail given back in Nov. 2014 regarding the sequel featuring many more female characters. Also, in this below Entertainment Weekly interview with Chris McKay, he talks about the events of TLBM resulting in repercussions for TLM2. http://ew.com/movies/2017/02/13/lego-batman-director-burning-questions-ending/ "There’s definitely a part for Batman in LEGO 2. Everyone loves Will Arnett and the Batman character. There are going to be the repercussions of what’s happened in [LEGO Batman]. If you agree that he went through some change, there’s more stuff in store for Batman in LEGO 2. I should say, that above linked interview has some interesting tidbits regarding TLBM and the broader Lego Cinematic Universe, so its worth a read if you haven't seen it already.