Bonaparte

INDEX: Armies

I like your revolutionary soldier, too. I have 21 of the soldiers. Made my different from you with the normal shakko and backpack. I was not able to buy so much of the english Gaurds heads and hats. So I made them a new unit with the torso of the lone ranger soldiers.

They are my sectret police offiers.

But I would had loved to make it like you "The Governors Pallace Guards".

Edited by Matthias

I like your army there Sir Fancy Man of Cornwood, especially like the carts in the back ground with muskets in, and the chests n barrels.

I'm guessing they hold the gunpower and bullets? Or balls whichever lol. Have you any updated photos yet? I'd like to see.

Id also like to see yours James, I love redcoat armies. Might give me more ideas too. How many you have? Or should I ask how big is your army?

Thankee kindly! Yeah the carts were loaded with spare muskets, satchels, and powder barrels (They've been reworked into cannon-ball munition carts so I can use them in Brikwars properly). I actually have an order of Brickarms muskets (STILL waiting for Brickforge to restock their bayonets pirate_sceptic.gif ) on the way: I'll be taking new pictures and posting them here once I've got them re-armed!

EDIT: Man Brick G.I is fast! I put in my order and chose the cheapest shipping, but it arrived in 3 days!

I'm trying to figure out how to light the Brikwars table decently, but in the meantime I managed to cobble together a tiny shooting studio (Still figuring out the lighting on it as well) so I can show off the BrickArms muskets on my lads.

9iOLpsM.jpg

And the Brickarms musket pistol on my captain!

Sen3X6D.jpg

Edited by Sir Fancy Man of Cornwood

Hi, I always was unsatisfied with the daugher of the Governor. She is a fighter but has no real military task. So in my Bluecoat Army she now has one. She is a part of the new light Cavalry. When you scoll back you can see the rest of my army. I like the legprint very much and I think it suits very good for light cavalry. What do you think?20409895705_29ed65fd72_c.jpg

20223251009_6d115dd5c1_c.jpg

Edited by Matthias

Oo! they look so royal... This torso is seriously good looking they way printing goes down to the legs... and the white and gold epaulets are definitely spot on! Really nice!

They really look great indeed, however the torso throws me off for one reason: The printing, the chest and the hips. Just dosent seem fit to males IMHO.... pirate_look.gif But they look great anyways.

Captain Becker

It seems that many of us don't like the governor's daughter minifig and had the same idea to use it as a soldier of some type. I would've prefered another printed dress design but then I always have like well-dressed ladies. Anyway, we all know that outfit isn't perfect for a man; specifically the narrow waist gives it away more than any other feature (including the chest, I believe). But I still think as a soldier (or officer) it's a better use of what is otherwise a very nice uniform. I'm not using any of mine for the daughter; I needed female heads and hair elsewhere so I turned them all into proper tight-fitting bluecoat attire. Your light cavalry looks great, Matthias. And your army is seriously impressive.

So I am very envious of everybody's army in this thread and today I acquired 2 more soldiers for my little army of redcoats... I thought "yay, this is it I finally have enough to squash the bluecoats and pirates and whoever else comes along". I got out my 48x48 stud baseplate and started to line the little guys up... well I made two lines and looked kinda sad and pathetic and not nearly as large and impressive as I had hoped for. But undeterred, I had a bit of a reshuffle, grabbed a smaller baseplate and decided to show them off anyway (I mean the army can only get bigger right?)

So here it is my newly formed modest little bunch of redcoats

21484813222_220eb2f657_z.jpgRedCoatsRule, on Flickr

Edited by BrickOn

Hi Brickon,

I like your little army. Esspecally the switch of the blue epaulettes of the officers in golden one. As a classic Pirates lover, I LOVE the Lt. De Martinez is in charge as the first officer.

But ther greatest thing are the torsos of the flagboys. Where are this bodies from or is it a sticker?

Hi Brickon,

I like your little army. Esspecally the switch of the blue epaulettes of the officers in golden one.

Thanks, this was partly done out of necessity, since I had a shortage of blue epaulettes and an excess of gold (you can also see a guy hiding in the back wearing gold too. But I can fix this as I have an unopened 2009 advent calendar and I am sure the redcoats in that will come with spares. I will probably keep the officers in gold anyway.

As a classic Pirates lover, I LOVE the Lt. De Martinez is in charge as the first officer.

Sure he had to be, he has been around the longest, definitely more senior :-) (unfortunately not one from my own childhood but I still like him a lot.

But ther greatest thing are the torsos of the flagboys. Where are this bodies from or is it a sticker?

These are from the BR toy soldier minifigure

http://brickset.com/article/6420

The torsos are a little cartoonish but I wanted to incorporate them somehow and thought the would work well for children. I also think the legs are pretty good and want to use the for something else... So I might pick up a few more, they are 15nok in the BR shop, so while they are not perfect they are cheap enough to play around with.

Edited by BrickOn

Sorry for the bumb. Just a quick teaser of my upcoming army. Sorry for the quality of the picture, the light was not the best and my camera has decided to die, so I had to rely on my phone.

Anyway, here´s my army´s band currently, total of eight (8) minifigures. I had a lot of trouble finding a proper torso for my band, as the real uniforms at the 18th century were quite stylish. I spend a lot of time day and night thinking what could be proper, and finally it hit me. The Classic king from CM Series 13 was perfect! So here they are: 2 drummers, two trumpets and 4 fifers.

army_band.jpg

Ill edit this when I get back from work.

Captain Becker

Sorry for the bump.

Long-standing topics like this are alright to bump. :thumbup:

Nice looking musical army. :thumbup:

Thanks Phred, I will try and upload the rest of my army if I can get my camera working again soon and get better pictures. If not, Ill have to settle for my phone pictures then.

I have noticed that there seems to be a real lack of army bands when it comes to army building, as they play a very important role and can be a huge morale boost to the troops. But maby that´s just me nitpicking.... pirate_blush.gif

Oh, and I think my small, but humble navy wants to show off their muscles as well, but I think ill make a whole new topic where I summaries all this later on.

Captain Becker

Since I was having a shake up of my pirate stuff I thought it would be a good opportunity to track down my bluecoats from their various positions and get them in line for a quick photoshoot. Still not got as impressive an army as most people here, but I'm happy with the rate its growing (got my first ever bluecoat back in June last year when the new pirate wave came out, with the exception of the CMF revolutionary soldier). So here is is:

24951288642_2b7489f2c4_z.jpgLeBluecoats], on Flickr

24701777169_7ce91ae75f_z.jpgCloseUp, on Flickr

Edited by BrickOn

I decided to try something a little different, so instead of picture, I made a video. I posted this in the Historic thread as well, since I mix both pirates and castle. But here are my forces.

Finally got round to going through my troops and here's what I have so far.

26060967100_64048567ce_c.jpgImperial Soldiers Army..... so far. by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

25731067453_0f6e52a350_c.jpgImperial Soldiers Army..... so far. by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

26241422192_a93781cede_c.jpgImperial Soldiers Army..... so far. by The Imperial Soldier, on Flickr

62 figures there + I have around 20 in boxed sets.

That is one impressive army!! Is the guys with the tricorns the navy? And the troops with the bucket helmets the military?

That is one impressive army!! Is the guys with the tricorns the navy? And the troops with the bucket helmets the military?

All my stuff is classic pirates era.

So on the left are 40 standard Imperial Soldiers.

On the right there are 7 Imperial Sailors at the back with an Imperial Officer. At the front there's Governor Broadside, the Governors personal guard in brown tricorns and red capes, Lt. De Martinet and an Admiral who I don't have a name for yet. There are 4 more Imperial Officers behind them then in the middle is a Harbour Sentry and 4 random tricorn troops. I need to get more red epaulettes so I can convert them into more soldiers with the shako and back pack.

I added arround 100 Soldiers to mine posted before. I will try to post my blues und reds soon.

Scrolling back Matthias, I really do like your army! I didn't realise you had all those. I looked on the Flickr thing at the photos too...

Would be cool to see them all together in a photo, with descriptions and numbers :)

Looks like I have competition!

Scrolling back Matthias, I really do like your army! I didn't realise you had all those. I looked on the Flickr thing at the photos too...

Would be cool to see them all together in a photo, with descriptions and numbers :)

Looks like I have competition!

I would like to see your army, too. I am looking forward to your pictures. I am very interested if you have more soldiers or less pirate_laugh2.gif

I can't do pictures yet as my army is still in camp Box.

But numbers as of now are 600 infantry, 200 cavalry, 28 artillery and 10 officers - there are more officers just haven't been through them again since their reinforcements. And 27 others.

So 838 :)

Blimey! And I just ordered 700 additional troops to my army. Arriving soon I hope pirate_laugh2.gif

Captain Becker

Wow, really??

Got new photos of yours ?

Please tell me they're all red coats... We need to win the war!

Edited by Lord Mcgregor