Donatello

Pet Shop contains different parts then in the manual

Hmm I bought PR last month and it came with the fence 1x4 with four studs. I assumed that they just updated the piece and had not done so for the instruction manual. Wasn't a big deal to me. What was a big deal was the transparent 1x2 tile with a clear line cracking the piece and a scratch on the PR sign. :sad: Thankfully TLG customer service issued a new one promptly.

In PR, The mistake is in the manual and not in the parts......Lego didnt updated their manuals to 4 studs in these Fences.

Edited by Rick
Please use regular font sizes

Yesterday I build PR with my girlfriend and we are missing one inner wheel of the moped and a green flat 2x1 piece. Last problem is easily solved with another piece and hide it out of sight so the color doesn't matter but the mopen needs a wheel :'(

I built the Creator Treehouse this weekend and had the same fence "issue". I only put it in quotation marks because it really isn't a big deal to me.

I bought my Pet Shop this month. I will have to check the fence when I get home. That said, I like the look with the four studs better as it looks more like a wrought iron fence. If I have the parts that you do, I would be happier.

Since I had not built bags 3 and 4 yet, I have no clue with green torso I have. Another Hydra torso might be nice. The minifigs in these sets do not appeal to me at all. I quickly populate my City with CMFs.

There is only one time for sure that LEGO missed a part for me. That is a green brick with ball and socket joint in the Lex Power Suit set. I guarantee that the part was missing. Since I bought it on clearance and was willing to scrap it for parts in a couple of days, I did not complain.

Compare that with when my Fire Brigade came with a large number of extra windows and other parts, I think we got a good deal. I remember Bricklinking about 16 clear windows to fit the extra window frames.

Yesterday I build PR with my girlfriend and we are missing one inner wheel of the moped and a green flat 2x1 piece. Last problem is easily solved with another piece and hide it out of sight so the color doesn't matter but the mopen needs a wheel :'(

Very strange, i am building mine today and everything is fine. Try to recheck the polybags as sometimes parts are still in there..

I feel this is due to the quality of work coming out of China and Mexico, before they had factories in those countries, I never had a missing piece, but since then, when I get a set with a missing piece, I look to see if I can figure out where it came from. I am not saying it is all those 2 countries of course, but I know the issue started when more stuff started being made in those 2 countries.

When I received my PR I actually had the large blueish grey plate jammed longways and piercing the box on both sides. The result was a bent plate which was quite annoying as I'm curious as to how it was never noticed by a picker. I contacted Lego and they sent me two of those plates in separate postings for some reason, which was good.

Very strange, i am building mine today and everything is fine. Try to recheck the polybags as sometimes parts are still in there..

After missing parts from the Pet Shop we cleared the dining table and opened each bag separate and we where both watching the bags and we both rechecked if no parts where left. I even kept the empty bags and we opened the bags above a plastic box so no parts could drop from the table.

After missing parts from the Pet Shop we cleared the dining table and opened each bag separate and we where both watching the bags and we both rechecked if no parts where left. I even kept the empty bags and we opened the bags above a plastic box so no parts could drop from the table.

This is indeed an annoying situation!!....

Well i noticed most of the issue are from the US version....all my modulars are the European Version and everything is Complete, Neat and intact...

The US Version : the number of pieces are written on the front box.

The European Version: only the Set number is written on the front box

NOTE:

-Try to check inside the modular, probably by mistake went inside one of the floors. ( it happened once with me when i was building the Black pearl, i searched for days and nothing. I ordered the missing part and then i saw it hidding in a very narrow space inside the ship..looool )

All The Best!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

I will have to say that I have had really good luck with Lego parts for the last year without having to order any replacements for any sets. The last time I had issues with parts was in late 2012 when the majority of sets that I purchased (as well as those purchased by a friend) all had 4-5 pieces missing. The worst example was the Robie House which was missing close to 14 pieces and could not be finished until they came in. The ones that made me the most sad was the the Creator Christmas Post Office and the Winter Village Cottage which were both missing about 4 pieces each but at least I had the parts to continue the build and finish the display while waiting for the pieces to come from Lego. But in the last year, Lego has been spot on with quality. The only issues that I have had with Lego is their service with Shop@Home where I have had shipments arrive with over half the order missing or orders where the boxes are crushed beyond recognition. But customer service in Enfield has helped me through those issues with a pleasing attitude.

I will have to say that I have had really good luck with Lego parts for the last year without having to order any replacements for any sets. The last time I had issues with parts was in late 2012 when the majority of sets that I purchased (as well as those purchased by a friend) all had 4-5 pieces missing. The worst example was the Robie House which was missing close to 14 pieces and could not be finished until they came in. The ones that made me the most sad was the the Creator Christmas Post Office and the Winter Village Cottage which were both missing about 4 pieces each but at least I had the parts to continue the build and finish the display while waiting for the pieces to come from Lego. But in the last year, Lego has been spot on with quality. The only issues that I have had with Lego is their service with Shop@Home where I have had shipments arrive with over half the order missing or orders where the boxes are crushed beyond recognition. But customer service in Enfield has helped me through those issues with a pleasing attitude.

I agree, but for those who buy in bulks what they do?!!...definitely they will get spme issues: like damaged stickers and bent baseplates ( like what happened to me )..

I called Lego.com and explained to them and didnt get any satisfying answer. So since their policy doesn't allow even for regular customer to request parts a lot, the i decided to cut down my order.

Indeed disappointed!

Personally, I think Lego has a serious issues in their U.S. distribution center that need to be solved. Boxes are packed incorrectly which leads to crushed/damaged contents. Pick sheets are not double checked to see if the right contents are in the boxes. And FedEx Ground as the logistics service provider simply does not help the situation as the courier has a reputation for horrible reliability that dates back to their days when they operated as RPS.

Until these problems are solved, Lego customer service are going to be dealing with calls from customers who are not satisfied with the products they receive. If all five of my last five shop at home orders (spanning a period of 1 year) fall into the categories that I listed above, statistically speaking, these issues are very broad and wide spread.