Welcome to the LEGO® and Eurobricks Turtle Competition!
To celebrate the coming release of the LEGO® Ideas Exo Suit by Peter Reid, The LEGO Group is teaming up with Eurobricks and we’re going turtle crazy! We invite you to build the coolest tiny turtle you can and submit it to our Turtle Competition! You can win a signed copy of the Exo Suit, a very cool Exo Suit T-shirt or maybe your turtle will be on an exclusive turtle poster that will be given only to those whose turtles are included or who attend the fan event at Skærbæk in September.
- The contest is open to all users 18 years and older holding a Eurobricks account.
- To submit an entry: Entrants must design and build a turtle (the creature). The turtle may be generic or based on any non-licensed LEGO theme. Additionally, it must fit onto an 8x8 stud square with no overhang.
- Your turtle must be photographed on plain white background. (please do not photograph the turtle on the base, the 8x8 base is just a size guideline).
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- Post each entry in a single post in the Entry Thread. Only one picture is allowed per entry, but you may link to other pictures (eg. on flickr). Text background to accompany your entry is allowed.
- Only official, unmodified LEGO® parts may be used: no clone brands or customs please. No decals are allowed, official or custom.
- No digital entries please.
- The contest begins July 15, 2014 at 15:00 Central European Time. The competition is open for submissions until August 10, 2014 at 15:00 CET. Entries submitted to Eurobricks after this date and time will not be accepted into the contest.
- Eurobricks members who joined on or before July 14, 2014 23:59 CET will be eligible to vote for their favourite entries between August 11 and August 24 2014.
- The top vote-getters will form a shortlist to be judged by The LEGO Group's jury between August 25-September 1. TLG reserve the right to include any turtles of our choosing in the final round.
- Winners will be announced September 5.
- This is a collaboration between The LEGO Group and Eurobricks. Both parties reserve the right to adjust these rules as necessary.
1st prize - Signed Exo Suit set and exclusive T shirt
2nd prize - Signed Exo Suit set
3rd prize - Exclusive t-shirt
Runners-up (the number yet to be decided) will be included on a poster. The poster will be sent to all of those whose turtle makes the poster and will also be distributed as an exclusive gift at the Skærbæk Fan Event in Denmark in September.
All entries will be entered in a raffle for a signed Exo Suit set (excluding the winners who receive a set).
We ask that you please keep the set built in case further photography is required.
The Jury will consist of:
- Peter Reid, creator of the Exo Suit
- Mark Stafford, the LEGO Designer who created the final model
- Karen Frost Sørensen, Project Manager, LEGO Ideas.
Please read the terms & conditions in full here.
Any questions? Please ask in this thread.