Murdoch17

Market Street Bakery (10190 MOD)

I revamped the Market Street Modular building (set # 10190) from 2007.

It now has an more generic-looking roof, (IE not the Danish-looking steps on the original roof) and contains furniture, a bakery, apartment and even a model railroad on the top floor! Also, the garage has been enlarged and enclosed with 'iron' gates. This model features two 16x32 base plates on which to build, much like the original Market Street. It even comes with a little open-top roadster!

(By the way: The two car entrance gates are in old light grey, not the newer light Bluish gray) This model is 100% build-able.

13094367235_378d8f7720_z.jpg

I was trying to go with a more dilapidated look, like something you'd find next to the Haunted House I modified. I was aiming for a neighborhood that might have fallen on hard times, but it heading for a brighter future with the reopened Bakery located in this building.

13094366995_33e0af8e84_z.jpg

Rear view showcasing the rear garage door and exposed brickwork on the main building.

13094366585_2889635d58_z.jpg

We will be working our way from the ground up to the top floor, with auto I promised earlier being last on the list, as it's a separate part of the building, although it fits in the garage.

13094366655_9a18f1ae2a_z.jpg

The bakery is on this floor. You can't see it, but there is a refrigerator along the back wall, and a steam heater in the left corner. (The Steam heater is from Green Grocer, while the fridge is a modified Fire Brigade design.)

13094366725_c0d281243e_z.jpg

(From here on we shift the view to a top-down look for the building... I hope that's okay.) The Second floor contains the living room / kitchen. It contains a couch, a gas stove (design stolen from the Haunted House) and a lamp on a shelf with drawers.

13094481023_c3cf2462f8_z.jpg

This is the bedroom with the micro model railway, a Twin-size bed and a cabinet. (The bed is a design based on the one in Medieval Market Village, while the cabinet is another Fire Brigade design. The model railway is borrowed from one of my other non-modular buildings, but it is my design.)

13094366285_26ae4f792a_z.jpg

To go with the Market Street MOD I built.

(This car was inspired by a car that I found On Flickr's LEGO Exchange Group.... I can't find it anymore. Sorry!)

13094365835_6d9c415bef_z.jpg

Rear of the car. I was going with a Roaring 20's idea when I redid the design for this auto.

What do you think of what I did?

Comments, Questions, & complaints welcome!

LDD file for athe building, garage & roadster: http://www.mocpages....1394733809m.lxf

Edited by Murdoch17

Nice build!

In my opinion i don't like the use of the jail dors in the garage, and the litle croissant is not enough to anounce the bakery. Maybe a bigger sign with some croissants, bread, baguettes, cookies.

And if you put a door in the lateral wall of the second floor, you could make use of the balcony.

But the way it is, i couldn't do better!

Edited by BCanilho

I agree, nice digital design there 'Murdoch17'......the car has a classic late 1930's feel to it.......Brick On LDD On 'Murdoch17' ! :grin:

I like the idea of a garage. The roof structure above the garage and the townhouse look good. I don't mind the Dutch architecture of the original, but I really didn't care for it that much either, especially compared to the other modulars.

This fits in a lot more smoothly. I don't love the medium blue building with the medium blue awnings above the upper windows. But then again, I just don't really care for medium blue for some reason.

I'd consider having a rear entrance behind the bakery for access to the garage and since all the other modulars (minus CC have a rear exit).

The car is superb, although how long is that? It looks great though.

@ TheLegoDr: Well, since you don't like Medium Blue, it can be replaced with these colors (BrickLink Names only)

-Black

-Blue

-Brown

-Dark Blue

-Dark Bluish Gray

-Dark Gray

-Dark Purple

-Dark Red

-Green

-Light Bluish Gray

-Light Gray

-Lime

-Orange

-Red

-Reddish Brown

-Sand Blue

-Sand Green

-Tan

-White

-Yellow

Here is the LDD file: http://www.mocpages....1394733809m.lxf

Edited by Murdoch17

Hi all,

A friend asked me to create instructions for this great mod because he cannot run LDD.

I converted it to LDraw format and creating building instructions for it in LPub3D.

Once done, I'll post here!

Jaco

Hi all,

A friend asked me to create instructions for this great mod because he cannot run LDD.

I converted it to LDraw format and creating building instructions for it in LPub3D.

Once done, I'll post here!

Jaco

Be my guest to post it here, and I would love to see it if built in real life!

This is very nice! I really like the 16 wide modulars, your's reminds me of a 16 wide with a garage. I may have to build this someday, though I think I would turn the garage into an open air market.

Thanks for sharing this,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D